Upgrade offer

florisdekort

Hello,

I received an incredible upgrade offer yesterday for our September 4 Encore cruise. Upgrade from our V4 to OW (!) for an additional 25%. Normally these suites are at least 2.5 times the price of a verandah. We jumped at the opportunity [emoji16] As this is only my third Seabourn cruise I was wondering - are such offers common? I couldn't believe my eyes.

Floris

Hi Floris

We are on the same cruise and received an upgrade offer from OB to V5 or 6 for 899GBP per person, we didn't take it up as we are quite happy to see what we get, after all there are no bad suites on Seabourn! and we certainly don't mind if we get deck 5 and the half steel balconies, although I am a tad concerned should we be right at the bow end and we have rough weather, still am positive we will have sunny skies and glass like seas!

As to whether these upgrade offers are usual I can only say that last year when we were on Odyssey we had an upgrade offer to a penthouse which we also didn't take up as we were only on for a week. In the past on the little sisters once or twice we were upgraded to a French balcony suite from an A2, and our cruise agent used to phone us to ask if we wanted to accept or not, in those days though we didn't have to pay for the upgrade.

Prunella1,

We knew people who booked OB and ended up in 607 and 608 for our 3 weeks in the Med and they said there was no problem with any roughness, very smooth. Only slight issue was some noise in the morning with the side thrusters when positioning the ship on port days at dock/tender time. Most are awake at docking time on port days anyway and on sea days it's not a problem.

Prunella1,

We knew people who booked OB and ended up in 607 and 608 for our 3 weeks in the Med and they said there was no problem with any roughness, very smooth. Only slight issue was some noise in the morning with the side thrusters when positioning the ship on port days at dock/tender time. Most are awake at docking time on port days anyway and on sea days it's not a problem.

Agreed! I wouldn't hesitate and take the balcony. So nice, especially in the Med.

Interesting to read that these offers happen regularly.