Cameras in the theatre?

cruzincurt

OK, they announce that taping of shows is not permitted. Why do some of you insist on running your digital cameras and recorders anyway? Do you not realize that in a darkened theatre the digital screen is very distracting to everyone else sitting behind you???

Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to just watch the show rather than watch it on your tiny screen? Last week on the Mariner I actually waited for one bozo to exit the theatre and thanked him for destroying my view of the show as he sat several rows in front in my line of view and he held up that lit screen in front of everyone for the whole #$%@ show.

If he's obstructing the view of otgers, he shoukld've been reported to any waitstaff/etc walking around in the area. I know what you mean.........................and those people are oblivious to the imposition they pose.

I agree it is very bad manners to tape the shows and ruin someone's view - much less that it is always announced that the shows must NOT be taped, nor flash photos taken.

However, these clods are the same folks who continually say "It's MY vacation, and I've paid for it, and I'll do what I please."............there's no getting around them. No class whatsoever.:o

I don't care if they tape it or not, I just don't want to have that bright camera screen stuck up into my field of view.

And if you have a digital still camera, learn how to turn the flash off. The camera will adjust itself to take a good picture without the flash. If you have a Nikon, set it for "museum" mode. ie., "no flash" through glass.

Unless I'm wrong, I believe one reason cameras aren't allowed is copyright reasons. But if that's not the case, then it's probably the flash consideration (even though I would imagine lack of consideration because you're blocking someone else's vision would be a valid reason, too).

On RCCL and on Carnival an announcement is made before the show not to use flash photography because it can blind the dancers who are often very close to the edge of the stage or going up and down stairs.

There is just about always someone, however, who does not know, understand or care about the imposition flash photography during a show can create.

And, yes, I agree that those brightly lit screens for cell phones and digital cameras are uncomfortable for those who are behind the owner of the equipment. Modern technology certainly does have a way of intruding on our personal space. Those using it seem sublimely oblivious as to how their electronic gadgetry is impacting others close by.

Unless I'm wrong' date=' I believe one reason cameras aren't allowed is copyright reasons. But if that's not the case, then it's probably the flash consideration (even though I would imagine lack of consideration because you're blocking someone else's vision would be a valid reason, too).[/quote']

You are right about the copyright considerations BUT even more important is the danger to the dancers if a flash goes off.

There is just about always someone, however, who does not know, understand or care about the imposition flash photography during a show can create.

If they are near me and pop that flash I have no problem turning around and telling them how inconsiderate they are....:mad:

Archived