Cruise from San Juan

heids32

I am curious if any of you have any insight...

About a week ago we were looking at cruises from San Juan in February. There appeared to be a decent number of balcony rooms available, when I went back to look a few days later (I am always looking;)) they were sold out. Last year I know there were some available within a month of departure so I am wondering if you think there is a chance of any opening up? Do TA's have holds on some? No big deal, I will find another itinerary, but I am just curious!

Thank you!

I am curious as I booked our February 25th cruise back in June and all the balconies were gone. I check every week for price drops and I have not seen any balconies open up. What dates had balconies available?

I was looking at the 2/18 sailing.

I'm assuming you are looking at either Carnival website or a third party booking sites. These are just booking & marketing sites and is in no relation to actual inventory. Actual inventory is a closely held by the cruise line due to competitive reasons. Inventory can close and open up all the time due to many factors. Yes, it could also be a travel agent picked up some group space and if they don't sell all of it; cabin space will open up. The best thing to do is pick up the phone and call the Carnival and inquire. They are the best source to know what your chance are with getting on board.

I'm assuming you are looking at either Carnival website or a third party booking sites. These are just booking & marketing sites and is in no relation to actual inventory. Actual inventory is a closely held by the cruise line due to competitive reasons. Inventory can close and open up all the time due to many factors. Yes, it could also be a travel agent picked up some group space and if they don't sell all of it; cabin space will open up. The best thing to do is pick up the phone and call the Carnival and inquire. They are the best source to know what your chance are with getting on board.

Yes, I have just been stalking the Carnival site:) I will try calling. Thank you!!

my January Journeys Miracle cruise for 14 days through the Panama Canal is pretty much sold out, only interiors

That sounds like an awesome cruise! I have been to the Canal but not through. Have a great time!!

Isn't the cruise on the Fasination. If so there are no true balcony cabins on this ship the balcony on this ship are considered suites. I just check and for Feburary there are some suites available in the last cruise of the month.

That's not true. There were a small number standard balconies added aft and mid ship several years ago. But because the ship has far fewer balconies than say Conquest or Spirit class, they do sell out. Our March 2018 cruise on the Fascination has been sold out of balconies for a couple of months. Suites are still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums