What do you do in Port Vila for the day??

Tracey, this is most definitely the stop for duty free and a stop was actually included at the end of our tour. They gave us half an hour to shop, which was lucky really as the bank card could have taken a serious hit! All in the name of savings of course [emoji23]

Depending on your poison we paid $18 for 1lt Bombay Sapphire which sells for $80+ here. DD paid $17 for 1lt Smirnoff Pure which we rarely see. We also picked up a GoPro accessory for $13 which I’m told retails for over $50 here in Aus. If you shop early enough the store delivers the bottles to the ship for you and you will collect on the morning of disembarking.

In terms of getting it to NZ , if you are flying straight through you’d need to find a way to get the liquids into your cases rather than carry on due to security. You won’t have to pay Duty though, just keep your receipts for NZ to prove you bought them overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I concur the duty free is excellent here and you really need to make it part of your stop.

I will also weight in on the quad-bike tour. I haven't done it but I have run into people - on two separate cruises - who did it and came back absolutely raving about it. And one of those times was a couple of ladies who said they spent half the trip covered in mud but loved it none the less. If you want something different ... if you've been their a million times before ... give this one a go. It is definitely one I will be adding to my next trip.

This is very helpful, last time we went to Vila we did a full day tour with Atmosphere Tours - who I would highly recommend (there's tons of reviews on Tripadvisor). That included the cascade falls (a private section no one else goes to), a school visit, cultural village including fire walking etc, the Blue Lagoon, fresh fruit, lunch at a resort, a tour around town and Duty Free shopping. It was an awesome day and back to the ship in plenty of time.

But we're going again in June and I was very stuck on what to do this time around! Have plenty of other snorkeling opportunities at other stops, so maybe we'll do the buggies.

One word of warning on the Blue Lagoon - don't swim if you have any kind of open cuts or knicks. I had a small (tiny!) knick on my leg from shaving and it became infected after swimming here. Same happened to someone's husband who had a blister on his toe. Needed a good dose of antibiotics.