Previous Jewel Cruisers, JS, Noise?

1corona4u

I have tried to do a search, but as usual, it is not working. I am trying to book a cabin on the Jewel for 2007, and see that all of the JS's are on deck 10, either right below the pool deck, or the WJ.

Has anyone had noise issues with deck 10? Which would be the better location, under the pool deck, or the WJ area?

Thanks!

I took the Jewel last month and can tell you the main pool deck

gets pretty loud. In the day there is a band playing and lots of kids as

that is the pool with slide. At night there are carribean parties and contests , etc. I don't know if you'd hear it all in the deck below but I can

tell you we were playing basketball on the tennis court and a crew

member asked us to move to the other net on the other side because the

people in mama's kitchen restaurant below were complaining.

I don't know what " WJ " stands for so can't comment about that area.

that is the pool with slide. At night there are carribean parties and contests , etc. I don't know if you'd hear it all in the deck below but I can

WJ= Windjammer. Thanks for the reply. Still looking at it....:)

Ok, no one has stayed in a JS on the Jewel???? I did a search and found only a couple, and none of them commented on noise. Hello, anyone??:confused:

Good question. I have a GS (1050) on the eastern transatlantic crossing next Spring and was wondering exactly the same thing. Another question re the cabins at the aft of the ship on deck 10; are they overlooked from the WJ? Hope we get some answers?

Good question. I have a GS (1050) on the eastern transatlantic crossing next Spring and was wondering exactly the same thing. Another question re the cabins at the aft of the ship on deck 10; are they overlooked from the WJ? Hope we get some answers?

I was just reading that, yes, they can see you from the WJ, if they are looking over, and that at night when they hose down the WJ, there's a chance you will hear that, and get some water splashed on the balcony. Let's see if anyone else wants to add to this.

WE were on the Jewel last April on deck 10 cabin 1600 GS and there was very little noise from WJ, however I did have problems with a guy feeding the seagulls while we were in port above our cabin from the WJ and the seagulls crapping all over the place. We had 1100 JS the cruise before April and had no problems.

The noise issue will be different for the aft cabins vs. the cabins directly below the inside Windjammer:

Aft cabin noise:

As far as the cabins below the outside eating area aft of the Windjammer, there is very little problem with noise...that area is occupied mostly during the day and early evening, not late at night. While in port, you can hear faint noises from plates clinking and peoples' loud laughing but while at sea, the noise is drowned out by the sound of the wake. On several mornings, we were awakened very early by the cleaning crew moving and cleaning that outside area...its not real loud but its there.

Aft cabin view:

Your balcony can only be seen from above right at the rail area...in other words...only a foot or two back from the rail...otherwise, the balconies are not viewable from above. Those balconies are about 11 feet deep so you can kick back on a lounger or chair and have complete privacy (unless a neighbor decides to look around the partition.

Hope this helps....Deb

Wheres mama's kitchen restaurant?

The noise issue will be different for the aft cabins vs. the cabins directly below the inside Windjammer:

Aft cabin noise:

As far as the cabins below the outside eating area aft of the Windjammer, there is very little problem with noise...that area is occupied mostly during the day and early evening, not late at night. While in port, you can hear faint noises from plates clinking and peoples' loud laughing but while at sea, the noise is drowned out by the sound of the wake. On several mornings, we were awakened very early by the cleaning crew moving and cleaning that outside area...its not real loud but its there.

Aft cabin view:

Your balcony can only be seen from above right at the rail area...in other words...only a foot or two back from the rail...otherwise, the balconies are not viewable from above. Those balconies are about 11 feet deep so you can kick back on a lounger or chair and have complete privacy (unless a neighbor decides to look around the partition.

Hope this helps....Deb

Thanks for the replies all, not sure what I will do yet...

We had JS 1086 on the Serenade (identical to the Jewel) and it was really noisy. It was just below the tiled floor section of the Windjammer and the service carts sounded like thunder in the cabin. I would imagine that 1586 would have the same problem. We have also had 1550, 1534 and 1574 on Radiance class ships, deck ten, and they were all quiet.

We have 9078 , D1, booked for our next three Radiance class cruises as we had heard that this is a very good cabin.

Wheres mama's kitchen restaurant?

The poster was apparently confused and thought the question was about the Norwegian Jewel which has a pizzerria called "Mama's Kitchen". :rolleyes: Incidentally we have had a junior suite (1576) on the Jewel of the Seas on a couple of occasions and did not notice any unusual or loud noise from the deck above. 1576 is just aft of the Centrum and we had neither noise nor privacy problems.

Archived