Two quick Breakaway questions

use our OBC all the time, yes, there is the 3% charge but we are not big gamblers so it doesn't matter much to us. As for ATM, I don't think I would ever want to pay a $6 service fee. I will stick with the 3% fee and my OBC.:cool:

If you take out only $200 from the ATM you have surpassed the 3% charge for charging it to your onboard account. Much better financial sense say if someone were taking out $600. I realize you are doing it just to cash out OBC cause I am assuming you aren't spending any money on the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should probably be noted you don't need to have OBC to charge money to your room account at a slot machine. It essentially works as a cash advance that you pay back when you settle your on-board expenses. In other words, if you take out $1000, you'll have a $1030 charge on your room account, regardless of any OBC you may or may not have.

This, of course, can be dangerous because unlike an ATM, there's no maximum withdrawal per day, nor is it limited to what's in your bank account or what your credit limit is on your credit card.

use our OBC all the time, yes, there is the 3% charge but we are not big gamblers so it doesn't matter much to us. As for ATM, I don't think I would ever want to pay a $6 service fee. I will stick with the 3% fee and my OBC.:cool:

Some people object to the $6 fee, but it is really not bad if you are taking out large amounts.

One a $1,000 withdrawal, it is close to half a percent.

Why would anyone take out $1,000? If they do not like to carry that much cash. Personally, I see no problem with carrying a few thousand in cash. But, I know some folks think that raises the chance of a robbery. Never figured that out though.

Using the OBC is better if you are not going to spend it otherwise on "stuff".