NCL POA Early Bird Pearl Harbor. Do I need Tickets? Should I do it another day?

wadeod

We are arriving a day early in the Afternoon. We HAVE to do Pearl Harbor. Looking for other ideas too..............North Shore? Dole Plantation? Family of 4 with teenagers.

Does the NCL early bird tour include tickets to the boat ride over to see the memorial? Or do I need to get online 60 days in advance and reserve those?

Should I do Pearle Harbor the day we Embark in the morn and get to the ship about 2 or 3? which what would I after the cruise as flight isn't till 5pm

Or should I do the early bird tour with NCL on disembark day as we have 5pm flights. This would free up some time the morning we disembark.

Should I rent a car? or just uber everywhere since its only like 24 hrs.

We are arriving a day early in the Afternoon. We HAVE to do Pearl Harbor. Looking for other ideas too..............North Shore? Dole Plantation? Family of 4 with teenagers.

Does the NCL early bird tour include tickets to the boat ride over to see the memorial? Or do I need to get online 60 days in advance and reserve those?

Should I do Pearle Harbor the day we Embark in the morn and get to the ship about 2 or 3? which what would I after the cruise as flight isn't till 5pm

Or should I do the early bird tour with NCL on disembark day as we have 5pm flights. This would free up some time the morning we disembark.

Should I rent a car? or just uber everywhere since its only like 24 hrs.

If NCL is offering a choice of embark or disembark day for the PH tour, my preference would be the disembark day, since your flight is late afternoon. Your luggage will go with you on the bus, and you'll be dropped at the airport in plenty of time for the flight. Your NCL tour will include the tickets to the Arizona and they will get you there an hour or more before the designated time. There is a nice walk through museum you can go through prior to the Arizona.

Coming in on the afternoon before the cruise, in my opinion you don't really have enough time to do justice to a North Shore or Circle Island self guided. You will probably have significant jet lag. If I were you, I'd simply relax and enjoy the Waikiki Beach area which is very walkable and full of shops and casual water front restaurants. The teens would probably enjoy the beach, surf lessons, an outrigger canoe ride on the incoming waves, etc. There are evening sailing excursions with or without dinner to see the Waikiki lights and on Friday nights, the fireworks from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The Bus can get you most anywhere that's too far to walk. On embark day, many do an early walk up Diamond Head before it gets too hot, for the wonderful views. You could book a snorkeling excursion to Hanauma Bay that afternoon or early the following am, very inexpensive. Another option might be a trip to Kualoa Ranch, the afternoon you arrive. It is on the Windward Coast of Kauai in the Kualoa Mountains. I believe they may offer transportation to and from Waikiki hotels. They ofter many types of excursions which may be done back to back, 4WD, horseback, sailing, movie sites ( Jurassic Park ). Everyone mentions Dole Plantation. This is merely a roadside store full of cheap souvenirs with some pineapple plant specimens out back and an optional, for fee I believe, train through a pineapple field.