Price Drop

dacsmom

I know the RCI website sometimes develops a mind of its own on the weekends.(I noticed a price drop, that was why I was looking this weekend.) But, I went online and saw that my reservation had disappeared. When it reappeared this morning, it had been repriced $800 higher. I knew it was the wrong price, but I still had that moment of panic. I called and spoke to a very nice woman who not only fixed the price increase, but also applied the price drop. One quick phone call got me a $260 savings for 9/2018 Anthem OTS.

This seems to happen a lot. It happened to me too, but the price jump was far more than $800 higher. Basically every 'promotion' was wiped away and it was at the full retail price.

Called, they fixed it (they said I had tried to change a passenger's name, but I hadn't, whatever) but not the OBC so they fixed it again and gave me an extra $100 in OBC. No price drop though, it's an Alaska cruise and as I understand it those only get more expensive, not less (it's gone up $100pp since we booked).

Seems like everyday someone posts a problem with their website screwing up (a lot of people mentioned seeing their reservations disappear over the weekend).

I've decided to only visit their website with my browsers privacy mode (so no cookies or sessions), and to not log into my booking until final payment is due. You can get into the cruise planner without logging in, just have to use reservation number.

Thanks for this! My Christmas/New Year's sailing dropped $800 and final payment is a month away. So I called in and got the price drop AND a little extra OBC from whatever promotion they're running. Fantastic!

Very nice. I usually do not get price drops, they seem to go up for me.