Flying from UK for Eastbound TA

bill_posters_is_innocent

I will be flying from the UK to catch a TA to Southampton and want to spend a couple of weeks in Florida as part of the trip.

Will Cunard allow me to fly to Jacksonville instead of NY and make my own way to the ship.?

Also my wife is a nervous flyer and wants to know if we will be able to sit together on the flight.

Thanks in advance for any information given.

Several things:

When is the cruise, a few weeks from now or in a year or so?

Did you purchase air through Cunard?

Is the cruise paid for already, as has final payment been sent?

I've found I can save quite a bit over what cruise lines charge and can use my miles with my airlines to even save more.

We have done this many times before with Cunard, and you will have to pay a deviation fee for the flight to Florida but very much doubt if it will be direct.

Cunard usually use BA or Virgin, but to g'tee being together you will probably have to prebook your seats at a cost: you will need your booking code, or make sure the travel agent/Cunard does it for you at time of booking.

I hope you enjoy the trip and it is a great way of getting home without being jet-lagged.

I will be flying from the UK to catch a TA to Southampton and want to spend a couple of weeks in Florida as part of the trip.

Will Cunard allow me to fly to Jacksonville instead of NY and make my own way to the ship.?

Also my wife is a nervous flyer and wants to know if we will be able to sit together on the flight.

Thanks in advance for any information given.

Cunard have a very good flight department - you need to talk to them to see what they can offer. They have always satisfied my requests in the past.

Alternatively a cruise Travel Agent would be able to put together a package - try them and compare the costs.

We did a T/A in late April this year, with a 1 week Florida pre-cruise, not Cunard. We got a 1 way direct flight using Thomas Cook Air Tanker service, from Glasgow to Orlando International. The Air Tanker is a military plane, leased to TC and kitted out for domestic flights, and it was the best flight we have ever had across the pond. It also flies from Manchester to Orlando. You would then hire a car and drive up to Jacksonville. I strongly advise flying to NYC the day before the cruise!

In principle, organising the flight yourself means you are in control....our experience is that cruiselines use the cheapest option which probably would not be your first or even second choice!

In principle, organising the flight yourself means you are in control....our experience is that cruiselines use the cheapest option which probably would not be your first or even second choice!

Granted, we're US-based and had to pay air on top of the ship fare, but we're flying Chicago to NYC and London to Chicago on AA, and were only offered AA/BA or Delta.