Teen Program - 12 year old

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We will be on the Adventure of the Seas next summer. I expect lots of kids so hopefully no real concerns.

Lizard755 - we just today came off the Adventure with our 12 year old daughter. They grouped the 12-17 kids all together, and the majority of them were closer to 17. She didn't enjoy it, but full disclosure, she didn't make too much of an effort, either. I personally didn't appreciate the grouping. I feel like 12-17 is WAY too big of an age group to clump together. Again, that's my opinion only. I just wish she could have hung out with more kids in the middle school-age range. We're sailing on the Allure in October, and I'm REALLY hoping they break it up in the 12-14 like they advertise on their website.

My 13 year old really enjoyed Adventure Ocean when she was 11, so she was excited about our cruise this summer, but the teen club was a real disappointment. She's not very outgoing or 'cool' so she only has a few friends at home. She went to the meet and mingle party on the first night and enjoyed it, but she didn't have a way to keep in touch with any of the kids she met that night to plan to meet up at other times. The 'organized' activities were few and far between too. I am definitely considering letting her bring a friend on our next trip so she's not so bored.

We just got off the Adventure and had EXACTLY the same experience. That and they grouped all the 12-17 year-olds together. Not great, IMHO .

I have an 11 year old very petite granddaughter. (Everyone thinks she’s a third grader.) She loves Adventure Ocean and doesn’t want to age out. They have told her that when she turns 12 in June she can still go to the 9-11 group if there is room. She wouldn’t be allowed to go if it would prevent a 9-11 from participating. She’s very happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see that a 12 year old is considered part of the Teen Club on RCL. How much if any supervision is there for a 12 year old. May be travelling with a "just turned 12 year old" who has never cruised before and is a bit naïve too. Anyone have experience with a 12 year old and the Teen Club to share?

My daughter was a few months past her 12th birthday when we went on the Allure. I too was a little concerned about her being in the Teen Club. We set ground rules and she had to check in with us periodically. She went to the get together the first night, didn't really meet anyone her own age, but she went back to other activities and by the second or third day she met another girl her age that she hung out with the rest of the cruise (they still snap chat each other 4 1/2 years later).

We are taking another cruise next May/June (12 Day Mediterranean Cruise) just after she graduates high school. She turns 18 the day we get off the ship and I am actually really glad she won't be 18 and she will still be able to hang out in the teen club vs with young adults.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We will be on the Adventure of the Seas next summer. I expect lots of kids so hopefully no real concerns.

Which sailing are you going to be on? We're on the July 13th sailing, and our daughter will JUST be 12yo by 2 weeks! She is a very mature 11yo now, and not the most outgoing, so yeah, worried that she's not going to be able to make friends right away, hoping that ISN'T going to be the truth...

We'll have my 14yo son with us too, but he's the total opposite, he'll be the hit of the party and EVERYONE on the ship will know him by the end of the week, but unfortunately, he doesn't like to "be seen" with his sister.....