What is there to do in orlando port canaveral

trev71

This is the first time I have taken a cruise where orlando port canaveral

is a port of call. is there anything around the cruise terminal like any shops or malls ? Just trying to figure out what to do all day.

Ill be on the Anthem of the Seas

Edited by trev71

You've got Cocoa Beach if you want to spend a beach day there. Kennedy Space Center is nearby. You would need to either rent a car or book an excursion. Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge is also a very nice place to visit, but again you would need a rental to get there. If you do go that route, all the major rental agencies are either in the port or very close by with shuttles.

is a port of call. is there anything around the cruise terminal like any shops or malls ? Just trying to figure out what to do all day.

Hi, there, there is lots to do in Port Canaveral. You did not say which cruise line or what you may be interested in doing. If you are on RCL ship you are luck, there is a bus stop just outside the terminal and you can ride the city bus cheaply. We took the bus to Gators and Golf. The grandkids had fun playing mini golf and then feeding the gators. Riding a city bus was an experience for them. there are several parks around. Exploration Tower is a nice attraction very close to the port. If I remember correctly within walking distance form RCL dock. We often take a cab to Jetty Park State Park. Has a nice beach, food, showers, etc.

There are lots of websites that can give you ideas but here is one of them

http://visitportcanaveral.com/attractions/

Lots of people go to Cocoa Beach. I would not recommend the "parks" most people that I have spoken with after their tours say it was a waste, to expensive, to rushed, and just not enough time to enjoy the parks.

Ill be on the Anthem of the Seas

A few years back, we had the lady at the port call us a cab and we went to a place and took an air boat tour, it was called Cabbage something or other. It was a lot of fun! We didn't get to see any alligators, but we did see a Bald Eagle!

A few years back, we had the lady at the port call us a cab and we went to a place and took an air boat tour, it was called Cabbage something or other. It was a lot of fun! We didn't get to see any alligators, but we did see a Bald Eagle!

It's the Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://twisterairboatrides.com/

All day after the cruise? Or are you arriving the day before the cruise? Cocoa beach has several attractions, but all of them are outdoors. Too hot. After the cruise we usually go to Orlando area. Kids loved Disney Springs and Orlando EYE. A couple of years ago i was on the cruise with my girlfriends and we went to Mall at Millenia after the cruise...