transatlantic rccl Jewel or ncl Star

Booking a transatlantic out of Rome Nov. 2018. Have been on RCCL Jewel in 2016 and thought it was the best cruise ever, but we have only been on RCCL ships (18) cruises. Going on NCL Epic soon so I will have a better idea of NCL, but Star of course is much smaller. We do like the option of a set dining time on RCCL and have read many reviews about the availability of entertainment on NCL. I realize most have a preference, but has anyone been on both Jewel and Star and have an opinion? What about entertainment and activities all those days at sea, many of which will not be swimming weather?

I have been on both ships (the Jewel numerous times, including a Transatlantic) and I would definitely go with the Jewel. The Star is fine, but since they added cabins there doesn't seem to be anywhere to just sit and read or people watch, a good activity on a TA. The Jewel has many, many places for this.

The Jewel is a few years newer and IMO the cabins on NCL are small, even the balcony ones.

Definitely the Jewel of the Seas over NCL Star, not a fan of the older NCL Ships. We are on the Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic this Nov. Looking forward to being on this ship again.

We have been on the NCL Epic a few times, love that ship. Have a great cruise! :)

Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't the NCL star breakdown in Melbourne Victoria last year? I've been on this ship but half the cruise was cancelled due to "bad weather" and gossiped mechanical problems. Google its history to verify my comments (if I'm wrong my apologies).Based on this I would choose the jewel.