Just Back from Mariner 12/4

Maybebell

We had a WONDERFUL time, Captain Johhny was really great, I was very surprised he was around the guests so much. We had a cruise director named Becky Thompson, I thought she was the best ever. She sure kept things hopping. I finally got to see the Quest OMG!!! That was the funniest thing ever. All in All the trip was great. I only had a couple of things I was disappointed in and that was that the dress code in the dining room wasn't enforced. We were on late seating, and we saw blue jeans, and men in shorts. Formal night I saw 2 men come in and regular pants and a casual shirt. The food in the windjammer was so so, your normal buffet style but most of the time some of it was hard and cold, but the dining room was very good. The last thing was in the swimming pools and hot tubs, I saw little ones in them that you knew were in swimmies or else nothing but the swimsuit. I saw a mother with a child that looked about 6 month in the hot tub, needless to say I didn't go in there. I did see a deck patrol guy have one couple leave with a small child and then they closed the pool, so I don't know if that is why or not. I don't want this to end on a negative note, It was a GREAT vacation. I can't wait to go again. The entainment was out of this world. any questions just ask.

Sherrie

We had a WONDERFUL time, Captain Johhny was really great, I was very surprised he was around the guests so much. We had a cruise director named Becky Thompson, I thought she was the best ever. She sure kept things hopping. I finally got to see the Quest OMG!!! That was the funniest thing ever. All in All the trip was great. I only had a couple of things I was disappointed in and that was that the dress code in the dining room wasn't enforced. We were on late seating, and we saw blue jeans, and men in shorts. Formal night I saw 2 men come in and regular pants and a casual shirt. The food in the windjammer was so so, your normal buffet style but most of the time some of it was hard and cold, but the dining room was very good. The last thing was in the swimming pools and hot tubs, I saw little ones in them that you knew were in swimmies or else nothing but the swimsuit. I saw a mother with a child that looked about 6 month in the hot tub, needless to say I didn't go in there. I did see a deck patrol guy have one couple leave with a small child and then they closed the pool, so I don't know if that is why or not. I don't want this to end on a negative note, It was a GREAT vacation. I can't wait to go again. The entainment was out of this world. any questions just ask.

Sherrie

Glad you had a great time. I hope you took the opportunity to fill out the guest satisfaction card at the end of the cruise, and included the things you mentioned here. They do read them, and I think it's the only way they will addresss issues you encountered, such as the dress code not being enforced, and kids in the pools.

If you didn't, I'd write to them. :)

yes I did fill in the survey, I feel the same way, I know a couple of people mentioned to the head waiter about the men in shorts and the people in blue jeans. I hope it does help.

Sherrie

Mariner Of The Seas 11/27/05

Navigator of the Seas 5/3/03

:confused: Eastern or Western?

I am going on the MOS in June. What are the chances of Capt J being there then? Do they rotate as often as the staff. I am new at this, pardon any silly questions!

Any secrets/suggestions regarding menu, room in the cabin, large groups (like mine) or "do not miss" activities?

How was Cocoacay (sp?)??

I hope you don't mind if I ask more questions later..... gotta get my cup-o-joe and head off to work. Thanks again for the review!:D

We will be on the 1/15 sailing of the Mariner and really looking forward to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, and I wouldn't like seeing babies in the hot tubs either. It's not good for their health, plus the obvious other reason...eew...

As for seeing people not "properly dressed" in the dining room, that won't bother me in the slightest. What someone else wears to dinner is their business, not mine. I couldn't care less if they wear jeans or shorts. I will be dining with my family and my only concern is to enjoy their company, and the delicious food. :)

We are on the Mariner on Dec 11th, glad to hear you had a good time, Becky was on the Voyager when we were on it in January, she is definately good, getting all packed and ready to go. Happy Holidays

MamaCruisediva,

We went on the Eastern Caribbean. St. Thomas is so beautiful. I can't even describe it. We went to CocoCay, St Thomas and St. Maartin, and had 3 days at sea. It was just my dh and myself and we had an E-2 balcony. We had plenty of room for everything. Alot of storage space. We were not crowdedat all. I can't tell you how often the captains rotate, but I hope you get Capt. Johnny He was the best. As far as activities...... We still didn't get to do all the things we wanted to do and we missed so much of what is going on. Don't miss the ice show, The Quest if you are not offended easily, all the entertainment shows. There is so much going on at the same time it is impossible to do everything. You asked about CocoCay, it is a very pretty island. The beach was very nice and the water crystal clear. They have a little market there that the islanders sell their stuff which was ok. I don't think they were near as pushy as the ones in Labadee.

The reason I said about the dress code in the dining room was because to me the formal dining room is special. You feel so good looking nice and eating a very good meal. The waiters treat you like kings and queens. We had Metin from Turkey and he was a doll. I just think that is something special and shorts just don't seem right. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sherrie

Mariner of the Seas 11/27/05

Navigator of the Seas 5/3/05

We will be on the 1/15 sailing of the Mariner and really looking forward to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, and I wouldn't like seeing babies in the hot tubs either. It's not good for their health, plus the obvious other reason...eew...

As for seeing people not "properly dressed" in the dining room, that won't bother me in the slightest. What someone else wears to dinner is their business, not mine. I couldn't care less if they wear jeans or shorts. I will be dining with my family and my only concern is to enjoy their company, and the delicious food. :)

Yvonne,

Come visit us again on the roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=161058

Archived