Luggage tags & FTTF

cfr70

My cruise was finally paid in full on Wednesday and when I go in to print out my documents, I see I still have the regular purple luggage tags with no "FTTF" mention. Should they have updated by now or will I just get the updated tags at the port?

On my boarding pass as well, there's no mention of FTTF. Should I contact my PVP about it or just print out the FTTF e mail I got when I purchased it and bring with me to the port?

My cruise was finally paid in full on Wednesday and when I go in to print out my documents, I see I still have the regular purple luggage tags with no "FTTF" mention. Should they have updated by now or will I just get the updated tags at the port?

On my boarding pass as well, there's no mention of FTTF. Should I contact my PVP about it or just print out the FTTF e mail I got when I purchased it and bring with me to the port?

I would call....they should indicate FTTF and say Priority on the luggage tags.....get it corrected before getting to a busy port is always best!

Do you see the FTTF listed under your excursions? If it is there you have it, if it is not, then you have an issue. I was able to print new documents within minutes of purchasing FTTF showing it listed.

Yes, it's showing in my account under Excursions, but nothing showing on any of the documents that need to be printed and brought to the port, specifically the luggage tags. I sent an e mail to my PVP and hopefully he gets back to me before December lol.

EDIT: PVP just replied and said he's working on updating everything.

Edited by cfr70
Update

Yes, it's showing in my account under Excursions, but nothing showing on any of the documents that need to be printed and brought to the port, specifically the luggage tags. I sent an e mail to my PVP and hopefully he gets back to me before December lol.

EDIT: PVP just replied and said he's working on updating everything.

GREAT!! It's always best to go with all your documentation correct!! Good Luck!! :)

GREAT!! It's always best to go with all your documentation correct!! Good Luck!! :)

Actually, not great. He's now saying FTTF isn't showing up in my account?! Thank God I saved the e mail confirmation when I bought it and besides, it's clearly showing in my Excursion page. Weird. I just forwarded him the e mail confirmation. Hopefully this gets quickly resolved.

Actually, not great. He's now saying FTTF isn't showing up in my account?! Thank God I saved the e mail confirmation when I bought it and besides, it's clearly showing in my Excursion page. Weird. I just forwarded him the e mail confirmation. Hopefully this gets quickly resolved.

I'm not wondering if they purchased the fraudulent gift cards from the sketchy sites and used one to pay for FTTF?

Now he replies back "Wait until tomorrow and try and reprint. It should say Priority or FTTF logo on those soon."

"Soon"?! Soon isn't tomorrow. Soon means the near future. And when I replied back to ask for direct confirmation from him that Carnival has record of my purchasing FTTF he doesn't reply back. Very frustrating! :mad:

Definitely check all documents and purchases and keep records and emails of everything!! Now I have to wait in limbo until this is resolved. Geez.

I'm not wondering if they purchased the fraudulent gift cards from the sketchy sites and used one to pay for FTTF?

Actually, I purchased FTTF with my checking debit card in July and have record of the transaction. I did purchase the AARP gift cards this week and used them for Cheers and pre paid gratuities...oh please don't let any problems arise from that now. But I haven't read any negative experiences with AARP so hopefully i'll be fine there.

Now he replies back "Wait until tomorrow and try and reprint. It should say Priority or FTTF logo on those soon."

"Soon"?! Soon isn't tomorrow. Soon means the near future. And when I replied back to ask for direct confirmation from him that Carnival has record of my purchasing FTTF he doesn't reply back. Very frustrating! :mad:

Definitely check all documents and purchases and keep records and emails of everything!! Now I have to wait in limbo until this is resolved. Geez.

That is a frustrating experience with a TA. I guess you have to rethink engaging the servces the next time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is a frustrating experience with a TA. I guess you have to rethink engaging the servces the next time.

He's actually a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) directly with Carnival so it's dealing with the company directly rather than a TA. He just got back to me after letting me hang for an hour in limbo saying he now sees that I have purchased it and showed me the screen shot for confirmation. Still says to wait for Carnival's system to "update" whatever that means.

Good thing I checked this far in advance of my sailing to give ample time to correct any mistakes Carnival's computer system seems to be making. I'd be going nuts if sailing was in a few days lol.

Actually, I purchased FTTF with my checking debit card in July and have record of the transaction. I did purchase the AARP gift cards this week and used them for Cheers and pre paid gratuities...oh please don't let any problems arise from that now. But I haven't read any negative experiences with AARP so hopefully i'll be fine there.

Awesome, so many people didn't do any research and bought from shady sites and got ripped off and anything they paid for using the fraudulent gift cards has been cancelled. The AARP, Verizon, Allstate gift cards are all legit. You'll be good with them.

He's actually a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) directly with Carnival so it's dealing with the company directly rather than a TA. He just got back to me after letting me hang for an hour in limbo saying he now sees that I have purchased it and showed me the screen shot for confirmation. Still says to wait for Carnival's system to "update" whatever that means.

Good thing I checked this far in advance of my sailing to give ample time to correct any mistakes Carnival's computer system seems to be making. I'd be going nuts if sailing was in a few days lol.

Got it. Good to know he was working on it,

Awesome, so many people didn't do any research and bought from shady sites and got ripped off and anything they paid for using the fraudulent gift cards has been cancelled. The AARP, Verizon, Allstate gift cards are all legit. You'll be good with them.

I'm guilty of purchasing from those shady sites in the past, but only for small cards that I wouldn't care as much if they were inactive or fraudulent like $40 for Chilli's card, but I would never take a chance with a Carnival card of $100 or more. That's too much risk for my comfort.

This board has been very helpful in steering me towards the AARP cards. If not for here, I would have never even known about them.

As of tonight, it still hasn't updated. The whole thing is just weird. I don't see how FTTF can clearly show in my account booking yet apparently not be on Carnival's end to update the luggage tags. And I purchased it 2 months ago. Just strange.

Did you check your CC that you used to purchase it to verify it hadn't been canceled and refunded for some reason?

Yes I wondered hat initially so earlier today I went into my banking history and made sure the debit processed and didn't reverse. Later on the PVP e mailed me a screen shot on his end confirming I did in fact purchase FTTF, but for some odd reason Carnival never updated the tags....and still hasn't. It's all just weird.

Yes I wondered hat initially so earlier today I went into my banking history and made sure the debit processed and didn't reverse. Later on the PVP e mailed me a screen shot on his end confirming I did in fact purchase FTTF, but for some odd reason Carnival never updated the tags....and still hasn't. It's all just weird.

Hopefully it gets straightened out soon and it's just a glitch in their system. Wouldn't be the first one!

Hopefully it gets straightened out soon and it's just a glitch in their system. Wouldn't be the first one!

Thanks. It's 3 months until sailing so there's no need to start panicking. I just like to get all my duckies in a row as early as possible. Things should work out fine and hopefully my PVP stays on top of things.

Thanks. It's 3 months until sailing so there's no need to start panicking. I just like to get all my duckies in a row as early as possible. Things should work out fine and hopefully my PVP stays on top of things.

I'm the same way so I totally understand. No need to panic yet. I'm sure it will be fine.

As of tonight, it still hasn't updated. The whole thing is just weird. I don't see how FTTF can clearly show in my account booking yet apparently not be on Carnival's end to update the luggage tags. And I purchased it 2 months ago. Just strange.

We have the same kind of situation... we bought FTTF as well and it showed up and printed on tags and all that but our cheers package doesn't show up... TA says she can see it on her end but we can't on our end.... she assures me it's fine but to call her from port if we have any trouble... thankfully I have all our conversations via text as well as the screenshot of the money coming from the bank account and the email confirmation but it's still frustrating when you are an OCD planner like me! We board in one week!!! So excited! Hope it all goes without trouble for us both!

We have the same kind of situation... we bought FTTF as well and it showed up and printed on tags and all that but our cheers package doesn't show up... TA says she can see it on her end but we can't on our end.... she assures me it's fine but to call her from port if we have any trouble... thankfully I have all our conversations via text as well as the screenshot of the money coming from the bank account and the email confirmation but it's still frustrating when you are an OCD planner like me! We board in one week!!! So excited! Hope it all goes without trouble for us both!

I hope it all works out for you and very smart to save and document everything. It does pay to be an OCD planner! I'd be going bananas if it was just a week away and especially for something like Cheers which costs a whole lot more.

I bought Cheers just this week for my sailing and will be sure to print out the proof of it just in case. Carnival seems to be pretty "glitchy" with their systems and judging from their headache inducing website, it's not too surprising.

My PVP told me they are using a new system and there have indeed been glitches. I also purchased FTTF but my credit card was charged twice for each of our 3 rooms. It took several emails/calls before they would even believe me even though I sent screen shots of my credit card statement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app