Termini neighborhood at night

Kroosin

I'm using Airbnb for the first time and I've found an apartment very near Termini station but a few of the reviews say the neighborhood is a little "iffy" at night. We have plans for day trips that will return late at night and we enjoy walking around and seeing the city after dark. Should we look someplace else?

We stayed in the termini area 3 years ago. The area is a little rundown but we felt safe and walked around a lot at night. It is relatively well lit and there are plenty of people about. We came from the airport by train and walked to the hotel. One drawback, we were accosted by a group of gypsies. Luckily we shouted when they got too close. One had my wallet and dropped it. We were glad I was 6'5" 250.. This was within the train station area outside platform. Can happen anywhere. Gypsies in Florence were also a problem. As long as you are aware of your surroundings you should have no problem. Best part of our stay was the oldest gelato factory was nearby. Awesome. Several restaurants in the area were also very good. Walking distance to many attractions.