Daily Menu's

garycarla

In my opinion, they don't compare. Cagney's steak is far better quality and cooked to perfection. But that's been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone

MDR steak for us has been hit or miss. it used to be more miss than hit, lately it seems to have improved but I don't expect it to be as good as Cagney's. regardless, the new menus look awesome. I just hope when we sail in 2 months they have them in place. :halo:

Thanks for the menus.

We have a dining package included in our cruise. 3 specialty diners. I really like the Cagney's and Tepanyaki menus. What does the dining package include? 3 or more courses, of your choice or, is there a set menu for those folks with the dining packages? Is the gratuity included in the dining packages?

Thanks for the menus.

We have a dining package included in our cruise. 3 specialty diners. I really like the Cagney's and Tepanyaki menus. What does the dining package include? 3 or more courses, of your choice or, is there a set menu for those folks with the dining packages? Is the gratuity included in the dining packages?

If you have the dining package the only restriction is that you can only have one entree in Cagneys (you pay for any extra you may have). You can get multiple apps, sides and desserts if you want. There used to be comments on here about people being restricted on other courses, but I haven't seen that much lately.

You pay the gratuity on the value of the package when purchasing it (or when booking if you got it as a promo and are in certain countries). No gratuity is paid at the time unless you incur any extra charges.

If you have the dining package the only restriction is that you can only have one entree in Cagneys (you pay for any extra you may have). You can get multiple apps, sides and desserts if you want. There used to be comments on here about people being restricted on other courses, but I haven't seen that much lately.

You pay the gratuity on the value of the package when purchasing it (or when booking if you got it as a promo and are in certain countries). No gratuity is paid at the time unless you incur any extra charges.

Thanks a lot. :)

The Day 6 menu GaryCarla posted was used on Day 5 of the August 20 Breakaway sailing.

By the way, the Dover Sole in Le Bistro was the best thing I ate all week.

There is a land based Restaurant in California's Central Coast that does Dover Sole for their fish and chips. Best I ever had, it was mind blowing.

The Day 6 menu GaryCarla posted was used on Day 5 of the August 20 Breakaway sailing.

By the way, the Dover Sole in Le Bistro was the best thing I ate all week.

If anyone has cooked in the kitchen of their own home, they know sometimes things change. In the case of a cruiseline, the decision is impacted by how much they have onboard at any given time. They have to serve a thousand plus meals.....

If anyone has cooked in the kitchen of their own home, they know sometimes things change. In the case of a cruiseline, the decision is impacted by how much they have onboard at any given time. They have to serve a thousand plus meals.....

Oh absolutely. I was just trying to show that there could be differences. You know someone will come back here & say "GaryCarla told me they were serving XYZ on Day 2 so I booked my specialties around it and then they changed it!" ;)

Oh absolutely. I was just trying to show that there could be differences. You know someone will come back here & say "GaryCarla told me they were serving XYZ on Day 2 so I booked my specialties around it and then they changed it!" ;)

So right.

Better get me an unlisted USERID.

Personally, I have yet to figure out how people have a clue on what and where they want to eat 6 months from now. LOL!

(nobody in my house knows what they want TONIGHT)

So right.

Better get me an unlisted USERID.

Personally, I have yet to figure out how people have a clue on what and where they want to eat 6 months from now. LOL!

(nobody in my house knows what they want TONIGHT)

Amen!! I just went on Breakaway - 8/20 - full sailing. We had 3 cabins with 5 people all platinum & all with SDP with no reservations booked before sailing. Our thinking is who knows what we want that day - we are on vacation & don't have to cook! Onboard on the app we booked Le Bistro for first night & Ocean Blue for 3rd night. Day 2 we decided on La Cucina. We hit La Cucina on another night as well. Table for 5 reserved that day.

Depending on your feelings, it's either a disappointment or (our perspective) a wonderfully refreshing part of cruising on NCL. Certainly, you can dress is formal years you'd like although a dinner jacket/gown combo will not be widely seen. We love the freedom of not having to wear a noose (tie) and long sleeve jacket over sunburned bodies. Maybe it's that those of us who wear jackets and ties on a daily basis enjoy vacationing from them as much as we do from the other parts of our lives :-)

• 2 weeks later...
How is the steak at the met compared to Cagney

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have eaten steak at some very fancy steak houses and my wife is from TX (self-appointed steak expert). The steaks at Cagneys are some of the best we've had anywhere! Especially for the price. Don't miss it!

Frank

for those who want to be able to plan specialty dining experiences informed by which daily menus in the MDR's are going on each night, I can confirm that the number one posting on this list is exactly what's been confirmed for our cruise on the escape leaving today. Thus, for example, Dave six and seven are our favorite MDR menus and so we planned around that

for those who want to be able to plan specialty dining experiences informed by which daily menus in the MDR's are going on each night, I can confirm that the number one posting on this list is exactly what's been confirmed for our cruise on the escape leaving today. Thus, for example, Dave six and seven are our favorite MDR menus and so we planned around that

I wouldn't count on that carrying on all the way through.

The day 1 menu has been used on day 1 on both of my recent cruises, from memory, but they quickly moved on to different menus throughout the cruise. I don't think the menus matched up like that on any other days.

Of course they may work out that way on a cruise, but I wouldn't plan my meals round it.

Any one have experience with dining Gluten Free? We are planning to do a Panama Canal cruise Oct 2018 on the Pearl. I notice a few option on appetizers but only a couple of entree options. Are they very accommodating to GF diners.

Over a year away. Chances are there will be some changes on the menu between now and then.

The LeBistro menu is not current as of our sailing 8-28 to 9-11 on the NCL Sun. The Cagney's menu is current.

There is no lobster, no artichoke appetizer and some others were missing on the menu.

Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the menu.

Hubby did like the French onion soup in LeBistro better than the MDR as well.

I loved the mushroom soup - so decadent - as well as the beef filet and the lamb chops.

• 2 weeks later...

Never dined at a specialty, and we do not have a dining package. I would like to have Cagney's for our anniversary dinner. Is it frowned upon to share an entree? I LOVE porterhouse steaks, but neither I nor my husband could come close to finishing a 32 oz steak! If we ordered separate soup/salad and sides could we share the steak? If not I suppose we could order a smaller/lighter entree and the steak and share both?

Also, I have heard wonderful things about the fries, any other sides or apps that are don't miss? Thank you!

Personally, I think it's never are you out of order to split an entrée, weather on a cruise ship or any other dining establishment. Particularly the case with large size Entrees, especially if you were ordering starters and/or desserts.

Edited by Steve007NY