Rebel Yell excursion experience

JROBTX

So I've booked me and my parents on this excursion on the Escape. I read the description to my parents and they understood they might get dropped off in shallow water and have to walk to shore. They are physically capable of doing this. We bought them water shoes.

Enter Hurricane Harvey. They had to be rescued via boat from their flooded apartment. When things calmed down and they decided to still go on the cruise, I off the cuff, said that their rescue boat ride was just practice for the excursion. My dad laughed but the look on my mom face was just devastating. Talk about inserting foot into mouth.

I've followed the webcam at Soggy Dollar and I don't think the distance is too much for them. But I really don't want to put my mom in a panic attack situation so close to what she's been going through. They are not expected the flood waters to recede before we leave.

All this to say is the boat to shore transfer that bad? Should I try and do it on our own?

While it is fun to jump off the boat and swim into shore (hence Soggy Dollars) they also run a small launch from the Rebel Yell into shore for those who may not be comfortable swimming into shore. Literally step down into launch and out when you reach shore. They also bring over your towels etc that you don't want to jump into the water with as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have done the Rebel Yell excursion, and they can usually get you close enough so that the water is only knee deep, maybe a little more... Also, with NCL's notoriously short port times, this is the only way to get to JVD and back in time. The other day sails in Tortola do not offer it to NCL cruise passengers.