Check Fares ??

GARYBNKR

I just got back from the 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan. I heard that over half of the passengers were from San Juan because RCI offered cabins for $300p/ p. Is this a common occurance? A very Bilinigual experience. It didn't bother my wife and I, however I heard a lot of talk about how much spanish was being spoken. I reminded everyone RCI's last name is "INTERNATIONAL".

I've read other posts about this topic, and when those who are from Puerto Rico say they got a cruise for 300.00pp they paid this for the cruise but they still have to pay port charges and taxes. They believe that we Americans are charged the same way as them but our price includes all fees (cruise , port charges, and taxes). So in the long run we all pay about the same price when you add all things up.

I've read other posts about this topic, and when those who are from Puerto Rico say they got a cruise for 300.00pp they paid this for the cruise but they still have to pay port charges and taxes. They believe that we Americans are charged the same way as them but our price includes all fees (cruise , port charges, and taxes). So in the long run we all pay about the same price when you add all things up.

Last time I check Puerto Ricans are Americans :) Im from PuertoRico

Last time I check Puerto Ricans are Americans :) Im from PuertoRico

I didn't mean to offend anyone, so sorry. I'm just stating that those of us who book a cruise from mainland America when quoted a price for a cruise our price includes cruise, taxes and port charges, while those form Puerto Rico state their cruise fare as a certain price but it doesn't include taxes and port charges (from what I've read on other posts)

Again I didn't mean to offend anyone

I just got back from the 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan. I heard that over half of the passengers were from San Juan because RCI offered cabins for $300p/ p. Is this a common occurance? A very Bilinigual experience. It didn't bother my wife and I, however I heard a lot of talk about how much spanish was being spoken. I reminded everyone RCI's last name is "INTERNATIONAL".

I had checked on-line a few days before this trip to see if it was sold out- & it wasn't. I called C&A to see if we could buy an upgrade to a suite & was told to ck at the Pier as we were already ticketed. We checked at Embarkation & were told the ship was sold out. So does that mean somebody got a suite (plus taxes, etc) for $300 PP? Posted rate on the RCI site was NOT $300PP for Insides, as I recall. Sure hope we couldn't upgrade because somebody got a Suite at that bargin rate!

Archived