St Croix: Rainbow Beach ?

gskline

We will be cruising in January on the Jewel of the Seas and looking for a great beach on St.Croix. Has anyone been to Rhythms at Rainbow Beach???

We were there in 2014. There was a narrow line of gray clouds that stretched from the beach out over the water about a mile that didn't clear all day. We could see the sun blazing on the ship, which was docked close by. It dawned on me afterward...a rainbow is preceded by rain or moisture. Could it be called rainbow Beach because it tends to be cloudy, rainy there?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

Was the Beach nice there Mailman?

Hi. It was fine... I think if the sun had peeked out through the clouds even for a minute, it would have been great. Smooth sand, unlike Sandcastle which is the opposite direction from the port. There's a protected beach...a turtle sanctuary where the closing scene of Shawshank Redemption was supposedly filmed at one end of the island. Can't use umbrellas there tho.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

We will be cruising in January on the Jewel of the Seas and looking for a great beach on St.Croix. Has anyone been to Rhythms at Rainbow Beach???

Rhythms was wonderful. We did an ATV/jet ski tour prior which dropped us off right at Rhythms. The jet skis screamed if you like to fly.