My husband and I were talking this morning.......

dpump

Not a HAL cruiser, but we also tip the room attendant something on our first day, and also give extra tip in cash to specific bar staff on the last day if they provided great service. I use to get so upset with people who seemed to be on the lookout for any reason to stiff the cruise staff. These are the hardest working, lowest paid people who provide such a great experience. The automatic tips added are not nearly equal to the service they provide. OK I am stepping down off my soap box now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having cruised on HAL for over 30 years why would you do that? We appreciate all crew members and have tipped in addition to the HSC but it seems to me that your approach is unnecessary.

The first time we sailed on HAL, we were so excited as a retired teacher and high school baker to be in a Neptune Suite. The steward treated us like chopped liver, never greeted in the hall, etc.

The next time, we tipped in advance for ice, laundry, etc., but the main reason was to let the steward know that we were tippers, too, despite being women.

Ever since we have had outstanding service, and who knows if that guy was an anomaly, but it works for us! :)

Sorry, I can't figure out how to do the quote things.

Edited by LVSue