Switching Room mates to take advantage of Platinum status

ChosenOne

Considering a cruise with family members. My sister and I are platinum. Not sure who is all going or how we are breaking up into cabins but am concerned about my mom who is in her late 70's. If my sister and I are rooming together and my mom rooming with my nephew (her grandson) can we book myself & my nephew in one cabin & my sister & my mom in another so they do not have to wait to board and can take advantage of our Platinum status, can we switch cabins later...as in have guest services re-code our sail & sign card for different cabins???

Considering a cruise with family members. My sister and I are platinum. Not sure who is all going or how we are breaking up into cabins but am concerned about my mom who is in her late 70's. If my sister and I are rooming together and my mom rooming with my nephew (her grandson) can we book myself & my nephew in one cabin & my sister & my mom in another so they do not have to wait to board and can take advantage of our Platinum status, can we switch cabins later...as in have guest services re-code our sail & sign card for different cabins???

Yes. Just go to guest services after checking in.

Yes. You can book people however you like. I am not sure about "recoding" but I do know that they will give you a room key to the other room - can't use it to charge. We do this all the time so we have access to our kids room and vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, most certainly. We do it all the time with our elderly parents (hubby and I are Platinum). I only do it because they need additional assistance and are easily confused and would have a very hard time handling the boarding by themselves. My husband and dad in one room and myself and mom in the other. Then as soon as we board, we simply go to guest services and ask them to switch the rooms for my dad and I. They give us new key cards for the correct rooms and we are all set.

Be sure when you do your on line set up you get all the room charge information for each person correct. You can set this up correctly if you just take a few moments and pay attention.

When I set ours up, My husbands includes charging privileges to me in the other room, and not to my dad. And then my mom's includes my dad in the other room and not me. Just watch closely when you set it all up.

Yes. You can book people however you like. I am not sure about "recoding" but I do know that they will give you a room key to the other room - can't use it to charge. We do this all the time so we have access to our kids room and vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can have them issue a new card. You do not have to have just a room key. We do it all the time. They just reissue the sail and sign card for my dad and I when we tell them we swapped rooms. The charging info is already set up properly in how we set up the accounts before we ever board. Everyone has one card as normal with all correct charging privileges.