carnival questions..short 4 day

WindinmySails

Hello Cruisers!

This will be my first Carnival cruise. It will only be a short one the week of Thanksgiving. Catalina and Ensenada. We opted for this after seeing what was going on in the Caribbean.

We are in our late 50s early 60s.

We will be flying in around 9 am. What time can we board? I have heard that uber is a great way to get to the Port. Any great tips would be so appreciated. I have been going through threads and cannot find all that much information on this short 4 day cruise.

What are foods to not miss? Activities that you love that are not to miss.

Does anyone know about what the weather will be like in November at these ports? Thank you in advance!

At that time of year the weather is hit or miss. I've lived here my whole life, and one year it's gorgeous and the next rainy. My guess this year is it may be on the cool side as we have had a very warm summer.

My experience has been cold summer equal warm winters and vice versa. Not a science, but my experience here in So. Cal.

Keep in mind it rarely gets cooler than 60 here.

4 day cruises are affectionately known as "booze-cruises" because everyone tends to party a little harder since they only have 4 days on the ship. Have fun! A 4 day was my wife's first cruise with me and we had a blast!

I have found the 4 dayers far different than the 3 dayers. The 3 dayers are the booze cruises. IMHO.

It's all good! I realize people live it up on these. I've been on two four day cruises and enjoyed theme very much for a quick get away.

Thanks so much for the info about the embarkation and weather. I figured it would be cooler, but didn't know that it could be by that much. I've never been to southern California. I do realize it isn't the Bahamas....hopefully, though will be able to get some pool time in.

With embarkation....I hope that I can get early, though our flight lands at 9:30 am. Is there a way to change it if you don't like the time?

Never been on a 4 day.....

Took one Carnival cruise out of Los Angeles -- the first couple of days were sea days, and they were cold enough to keep us off Lido Deck. That was a late May cruise.

Just pick an early boarding time (it's actually the time you can enter the terminal, not board the ship). After your flight lands, go directly to the port. You can always get there after your appointed time, but not before.

It's all good! I realize people live it up on these. I've been on two four day cruises and enjoyed theme very much for a quick get away.

Thanks so much for the info about the embarkation and weather. I figured it would be cooler, but didn't know that it could be by that much. I've never been to southern California. I do realize it isn't the Bahamas....hopefully, though will be able to get some pool time in.

With embarkation....I hope that I can get early, though our flight lands at 9:30 am. Is there a way to change it if you don't like the time?

Yup, we do get cool weather from time to time. :D:D:D