Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals?

My TA mentioned that RCCL usually has some awesome Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, I tried Googling past deals and saw "50% off 2nd Guest" "Up to $300 OBC", etc. I'm kind of new to this so I'm not sure if my socks should be knocked off by these deals or if it's just another situation where RCCL increases prices and pretends to offer deep discounts on them.

Has anyone scored a good deal on BF or CM? I'd be willing to wait until then to book if the deals really are that good...

I booked on Black Friday last year and got some really nice perks from my TA. They normally offer OBC and some other things on certain sailings but I never did see anything for the same sailing after that weekend. Also, the fare just went up from that point....

Last year we booked our cruise in October, and on Black Friday/Cyber Monday they had a great deal in cruise planner for the ultimate beverage package where you got free internet. The price of the drinking package was also reduced (I can't remember exactly how much it was). We didn't see it that cheap again in cruise planner, so we were glad we took advantage of it when we did!

Has anyone scored a good deal on BF or CM? I'd be willing to wait until then to book if the deals really are that good...

This is really only relevant if BF or CM is within 90 days (the usual final payment date) of your cruise, as I always recommend book the cabin when the price works for you, and then monitor the price (or better yet, have your TA do that if they will) as you can always rebook at a lower price or better deal if one shows up. Of course, these new "non-refundable" fares are the cruise lines attempt to change that, but one would need to understand those fare restrictions to see what you can do after booking.

I have not really noticed deals that special around BF/CM, but once you study the pricing for both for near-term and cruises a year+ away for a couple of months, you should be able to determine if the "deal" really is one. I've seen good deals come out the Jan/Feb timeframe.