Bringing a Cooler On Board

TidePrideGA

hello,

in our nov 6th, westerdam cruise we had taken a collapsable cooler (walmart) with stuff that just didnt fit ...any how they ever even opened it, also we had wines there, we wished we would have brought some more drinks with us, we spoke to others who did some even packed it.. no one said a word to them!

good luck!

HAL allows passengers to bring wine and soft drinks aboard.

Beer and hard liquor are not permitted.

You can call Ship's Services prior to your cruise and order liquor which will be charged to your credit card and will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive.

In the alternative, you can order liquor from Room Service when you are on the ship.

Thanks for the information!

I wasn't asking about bringing drinks on board. I'm aware of what you can bring and I have no intention of trying to smuggle. I've got 4 bottles of a fine champagne ready to go and have pre-ordered my liquor for the room. We are also bringing soda as we are pretty heavy soda drinkers.

What I was asking was actually about ice. I know it sounds weird, but I definitely read it and saw it affirmed on another board, and in a way it makes sense. You could bury pretty much anything in a cooler of ice. On that board (don't remember which) that line makes you pour out a cooler that is full of ice, but not one that just has drinks (legal such as soda) and no ice.

I'm assuming from the above answers that HAL does not do this?

I wasn't asking about bringing drinks on board. I'm aware of what you can bring and I have no intention of trying to smuggle. I've got 4 bottles of a fine champagne ready to go and have pre-ordered my liquor for the room. We are also bringing soda as we are pretty heavy soda drinkers.

What I was asking was actually about ice. I know it sounds weird, but I definitely read it and saw it affirmed on another board, and in a way it makes sense. You could bury pretty much anything in a cooler of ice. On that board (don't remember which) that line makes you pour out a cooler that is full of ice, but not one that just has drinks (legal such as soda) and no ice.

I wouldn't bank on it! I see what you mean and there might be a health issue involved. I'll bet a million bucks that if you came back into the US on ship and tried to bring ice ashore you would get stopped by US Public Health. It probably works both ways. Don't worry though... as soon as you arrive on board ask you steward to deliver lots of ice... or give him the cooler and ask him to fill it from the ice maker. Hey, it will save you carrying all that weight up the gangway. If you must.... arrive at the pier with the ice then dump it out and fill immediately you get on board. The wine won't warm up that much in such a short time... hopefully, between arrival and embarkation.

Stephen

I think that I'd hold off on the ice. When I was carrying on my collapsible cooler on wheels, full of wine, the gal at the xray machine told me that she didn't need to look into the cooler, but didn't want to be surprised if water and ice spilled all over her equipment.

Make it a point to meet your room steward and slip him a $20 to keep your cooler loaded with ice during the cruise. That's what we do.

Archived