Damage claim process

private92656

In a posting mode, just though about the process I went through with damage claim. Hope it will be useful for our fellow cruiser.

On our last cruise with Princess, the handle from one of our check in lugage came off while being delivered to our room. There was a note taped to the lugage, informing us that we need to file a claim at the purser's desk. We did and got a copy of the claim form, was told that we will receive a check in 6-8 weeks for the cost of replacement. After 3 monthes, we decide to call Princess for the status, got a very nice lady on the other end. We were told that we need to fax the copy of claim form to their claim dapartment. Fortunately we still have that piece of paper. Otherwise we are out of luck. The CS lady didn't have the answer as what happen to the original form we submitted on the ship. Anyway, we received the check in 2 weeks after we faxed the copy to the # provided.

So here is a reminder to all those who need to file a damage claim on board:

KEEP THE RECEIPT/COPY!!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know. Glad it worked out.

On a recent flight, my handle was broken by the airline. They claimed no responsibility what so ever and said that if they did, they still wouldn't fix it (American Airlines). Thankfully, it was a cheap enough part but what a pain.

Coral, that's the difference between taking a commercial flight and a cruise. You know the cuise lines will be there for you in the end (or about 99% of the time).

One of my checkin lugage was damaged recently by those airport security dudes, they told me to call a toll free# to complain. Tried and seems like the line was busy all the time, so I gave up. Now I just try to travel light.

Private - you are right. When I noticed it was broken, I went to the counter to report it. It was a Samsonite suitcase about 4 years old and the handle stuck up about 1/8 of an inch as part of the design before you pulled it out. The airline said because it stuck out just a tad, the airline would not fix it. They gave me a number to discuss it further. I didn't bother calling since I had cruise insurance and thought I would submit it through there. The repair cost about $20 and I figured it wasn't worth the headache of filling out cruise insurance forms, so I just paid it and thought of it as a lesson in life.

Archived