Harmony mini-cruise Sept 12 - who's still going?

Tony20

OK, I just came across an article in USA today, dated this morning, saying four ships will dock in Miami and two in Ft Lauderdale tomorrow.....of course this is providing that the ports will reopen by then. I can't even imagine the gridlock 18,000 extra people in Miami/Ft Lauderdale area...all I can say to all is Safe Travels to all.

OK, I just came across an article in USA today, dated this morning, saying four ships will dock in Miami and two in Ft Lauderdale tomorrow.....of course this is providing that the ports will reopen by then. I can't even imagine the gridlock 18,000 extra people in Miami/Ft Lauderdale area...all I can say to all is Safe Travels to all.

Not much, Miami alone is already home to something like six million people. A drop in the ocean, so to speak.

Not much, Miami alone is already home to something like six million people. A drop in the ocean, so to speak.

Well with the sheltering still going on and no one allowed back into their homes as of yet, this will just add to the confusion. I will be in Ft Lauderdale in 6 weeks and I'm sure everything will be over and done with by then, not a trace of the storm to be seen

I can't imagine people actually getting in or out of FLL airport tomorrow. All Southwest flights are cancelled. I feel so badly for all of these people...those who just want to get home and those who have been looking so forward to their cruise vacation.

I can't imagine people actually getting in or out of FLL airport tomorrow. All Southwest flights are cancelled. I feel so badly for all of these people...those who just want to get home and those who have been looking so forward to their cruise vacation.

FLL is opening at 4am tomorrow morning, so presumably some flights will be moving. FL relies heavily on tourism for their economy, they'll prioritize the ability to move people around.

(I'm not saying the situation isn't bad, I'm just repeating the current info from official sources.)

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated,, does anyone know of any flights from jfk to Fort Lauderdale or Miami for tomorrow(Tuesday) morning,, this is our last nights accommodation in nyc and if we can't get a flight tomorrow we will have to cancel our honeymoon and fly back to Ireland,, we have rang several airlines and some of them left automated messages to say they are too busy and to call back later,, thanks in advance for any advice

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated,, does anyone know of any flights from jfk to Fort Lauderdale or Miami for tomorrow(Tuesday) morning,, this is our last nights accommodation in nyc and if we can't get a flight tomorrow we will have to cancel our honeymoon and fly back to Ireland,, we have rang several airlines and some of them left automated messages to say they are too busy and to call back later,, thanks in advance for any advice

Try looking for flights into PBI or even MCO. You'd have to rent a car one-way to Ft Lauderdale (although a shuttle from PBI to Port Everglades may be available).

My advice would be go to the airport, and try the major line flight desks....look sad, and play heavily the honeymoon card, you might just find a sympathetic officer....good luck! Assuming it is the Harmony, boarding does not commence until 5pm so you do have some leeway there. Whilst well intentioned, I would decline any advice to fly to any other Florida airport and rent a car, the highways will be blocked solid with evacuation returnees!

Just noticed it is Harmony, hence edit!

Just drove down from Orlando. Very easy. No issue. Might be an option.

Hi, this bc cruiser from Panama City, Fl. I just called the port and they said the coast guard had not approved the opening of the port, that the coast guard was still assessing the port damage estimates. I called the resolution dept for RCCL and they said to call the port and ask them. I had already called the port. Did you get a hotel for the night? If you know anything on this status, will you post on here. Thank you. Did you travel on 75 or turnpike?

I have just checked skyscanner dot net, here in the UK, and it is listing flights to Miami from jfk early tomorrow morning tuesday 12th. I used Sat 16th as a return flight and they were about 150ish GBP return. No Ft L flights, their airport is close to seashore, whereas Miami is a good few miles inland, which would explain why it appears to be open tomorrow! Ft L is not that far from Miami airport, maybe about 25 miles, an easy cab ride! Again, good luck!

I have just checked skyscanner dot net, here in the UK, and it is listing flights to Miami from jfk early tomorrow morning tuesday 12th. I used Sat 16th as a return flight and they were about 150ish GBP return. No Ft L flights, their airport is close to seashore, whereas Miami is a good few miles inland, which would explain why it appears to be open tomorrow! Ft L is not that far from Miami airport, maybe about 25 miles, an easy cab ride! Again, good luck!

Just a heads up, but when I went through a similar aggregator (s kip lagged) trying to see if I could find flights to FLL, it acted like they were available (and even American Airlines' site did), but when I finally got as far as trying to select a fare it would just say 'this flight is not available'.

Just a heads up, but when I went through a similar aggregator (s kip lagged) trying to see if I could find flights to FLL, it acted like they were available (and even American Airlines' site did), but when I finally got as far as trying to select a fare it would just say 'this flight is not available'.

Yes every time we find a flight and go to book it just sends us back 😢

My advice would be go to the airport, and try the major line flight desks....look sad, and play heavily the honeymoon card, you might just find a sympathetic officer....good luck! Assuming it is the Harmony, boarding does not commence until 5pm so you do have some leeway there. Whilst well intentioned, I would decline any advice to fly to any other Florida airport and rent a car, the highways will be blocked solid with evacuation returnees!

Just noticed it is Harmony, hence edit!

Yes I think we will have to do this, thanks for the advice

Did anyone get a 6:00p.m. update?

I hope Port Everglades opens so the cruise ships can arrive soon....especially since Harmony is supposed to arrive tomorrow....

Captain on Harmony announced we should be getting in around noon tomorrow if USCG allows entry to the port.