Oasis of the Seas-- Foods Not To Miss?

kathimac123

Leaving on Oasis of the Seas on 9/24. My 23-year-old son is particularly excited about all of the food and drink options. There are several things we've never tried--escargots, eggs benedict (i know, hard to believe, but true), etc. that are on our "must try" list, but are there any great food or drink items that are not to be missed? We are up to try anything. Any particular favorite place to grab a Moscow Mule (his favorite. . .His stepfather and I don't drink much, so we'll leave most of the alcohol consumption to him.)? Thanks for any suggestions.

I would say the filet with the barolo sauce in Giovanni's and the mushroom soup in Chops (although these are specialty restaurants so you will need to pay for the whole meal to try these!).

The filet at Giovannis has been on our radar. We're looking to make reservations when we board. Thanks for the input!

I have a sweet tooth, so I would say Mississippi mud pie, huckleberry cheesecake, bourbon tart, mus de pistascho , creme brûlée or any fresh made desserts.

Holy smokes! I just gained 5 pounds! Huckleberry cheesecake, huh? Never had a huckleberry. Sounds outstanding!

For much better dining experience try the Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam (note that I'm not saying "try HAL"!) on their Eastern itinerary. The ships are most comfortable in the Caribbean, relaxing, romantic, not for those needed to be entertained. Itineraries include fantastic resort spots. These two ships deliver the best value for money in the cruise industry.

More expensive (even better food, some drinks included, service charge included) are TUI Cruises ships Mein Schiff 3, 4, 5, 6. They do more "exotic" 14-day itineraries (Lesser Antilles). TUI is a German brand affiliated with RCI.

Keep these 6 ships on your radar for the future to get the best cruising experience in the Caribbean.[/size]

Not if you have a 23 year old son cruising, IMHO.... [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leaving on Oasis of the Seas on 9/24. My 23-year-old son is particularly excited about all of the food and drink options. There are several things we've never tried--escargots, eggs benedict (i know, hard to believe, but true), etc. that are on our "must try" list, but are there any great food or drink items that are not to be missed? We are up to try anything. Any particular favorite place to grab a Moscow Mule (his favorite. . .His stepfather and I don't drink much, so we'll leave most of the alcohol consumption to him.)? Thanks for any suggestions.

We have the same itenararyleaving on the 23 rd on the Harmony out of Ft. Lauderdale hope its not changed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Steelers2

We have the same itenararyleaving on the 23 rd on the Harmony out of Ft. Lauderdale hope its not changed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keeping an eye on Jose now, but keeping my fingers crossed and continuing with my planning and dreaming. I don't care if we don't go to ANY ports (although I would love to)--just need some relaxation and "do nothing important" time. (yn)