GSC cabana menu

worktocruise610

Apologize if this has been asked and answered, but have looked thru threads and cannot find an answer...

Does anyone have a copy of the cabana menu from GSC? Thinking of renting one on our future cruise, understand they give you a $50 food credit but the only food I've seen mentioned is shrimp (which my MIL does not like) and fruit. Appreciate any help you guys can give me!

I do not have a menu but we did just rent a cabana and used our $50 credit.

A fruit bowl (whole fruit) and chips with a few different salsas plus water is provided.

On top of that you can order from the menu. You can choose from shrimp platter,

lobster and shrimp platter, cut up fruit, and a few others. Depending on where the

cabana is you can walk to the buffet and bring back platters of food free of charge.

We brought back a platter of ribs and some stuffed potato skins to share.

I do not have a menu but we did just rent a cabana and used our $50 credit.

A fruit bowl (whole fruit) and chips with a few different salsas plus water is provided.

On top of that you can order from the menu. You can choose from shrimp platter,

lobster and shrimp platter, cut up fruit, and a few others. Depending on where the

cabana is you can walk to the buffet and bring back platters of food free of charge.

We brought back a platter of ribs and some stuffed potato skins to share.

Thanks so much for replying! She's not crazy about seafood but I'm sure will love the salsa :p A walk to the buffet does not sound too bad, so as long as there is enough food for my DH (fruit won't cut it lol) we should be fine.

So you've already cruised & been to the cabana? How was it? I know it's expensive but thought, at least this once, it would be fun to try it out. Would love to hear your thoughts on it, thanks

We did the cabana in august and really lived it. You get chips and three different salsa dips and a bowl of fruit and water. That comes with the cabana. We used our $50 food credit to get the shrimp and lobster. It's was good. There are two cabana waiters, one will get you drinks, the other will get you food from the buffet. You don't have to go get it yourself. The cabana also has a shower in the back and floats to use. It had a ceiling fan too. We had cabana #18 which had its only little beach. Don't think there were more then 30 people on the beach, felt like a private beach. At the end of the day, which was great, we were tired so they give you(if you ask) a ride in a jeer to get the tender to boat. It's quit a walk from the cabanas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for replying! She's not crazy about seafood but I'm sure will love the salsa :p A walk to the buffet does not sound too bad, so as long as there is enough food for my DH (fruit won't cut it lol) we should be fine.

So you've already cruised & been to the cabana? How was it? I know it's expensive but thought, at least this once, it would be fun to try it out. Would love to hear your thoughts on it, thanks

We had a small cabana (#12). It was totally worth it. We had four adults and two children. We did have a person that would take drink orders but at least for our sailing no offer was made to get us food at the buffet. That's OK sometimes it is better to be able and pick and choose what looks good. The beach is lovely with a nice lagoon type area.

Thank you for the replies and info, you have me really excited about GSC and keeping my fingers crossed we make it there ;)just another question, when we get to the island from the tender, is there somewhere we need to "check in" to the cabana, maybe show ID or whatever, or just walk to the cabana? Thanks again for the help!!

You will get tickets in your cabin. When you get off the tender someone will be holding a sign for you to follow them to a check in place where they will give you each a wristband. Also you will get a form to fill out in your cabin for the $50 credit menu items. I believe this has to be done ahead of time so that they can make it up and bring it over to the island for you. It needs to be dropped off at the shore ex desk at least a day ahead.

You will get tickets in your cabin. When you get off the tender someone will be holding a sign for you to follow them to a check in place where they will give you each a wristband. Also you will get a form to fill out in your cabin for the $50 credit menu items. I believe this has to be done ahead of time so that they can make it up and bring it over to the island for you. It needs to be dropped off at the shore ex desk at least a day ahead.

Thank you so much!!!! I'm surprising my DH & MIL so this sounds like I'll be able to keep it a secret until we get to the island. I appreciate all the replies, you guys are making me so excited for this cruise and also feeling better about spending the money on the cabana ;p you only live once, right? :cool:

• 6 months later...

We had a small cabana (#14) about 4.5 years ago and we loved it. I have a video from back then that is on youtube:

They have dramatically improved the area since then. Paved walk way apparently. There was a small buffet even closer to the cabanas than the main buffet area. it was called the Bobolink Bar. Does anyone know if that is still there? Was right next to the lagoon at the far end of the island, which I understand is now all under construction for the spa that they are building.

you will be offered way, way to much food and libations - do not worry about not liking shrimp.

i am a picky vegetarian and i was happy, sunburned, stuffed and buzzed by the time we left

in addition, our haven butler knew about my unholy love for ncl pretzel rolls, and arranged to have them delivered with my favorite spicy mustard

now that...that is service!

g