Two question

nikblondiew

1. Does the Conquest provide robes in each room?

2. My group wants to book excursions through Carnival on the ship. I have heard it is more expensive this way. I understand it varies depending on what you are doing but just was curious HOW much of a difference there is???

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Each of the Carnival ships we have cruised has provided robes in the closet, so I would imagine that it shouldn’t be any different on Conquest.

When it comes to excursions, you have some choices. To see what excursions have been set up through Carnival go to http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions/ShoreExcursions.aspx and search through the “Select Port of Call” drop down menu. The other way to explore what’s available at each port is to actually visit those specific forums here at Cruise Critic.

In the past, if we have decided to do an excursion, we have booked it through the FunVision in our cabin. We know we are paying more, but for us it seems to be more about the convenience factor.

How much more the cruiselines charges--depends on what the excursion is.

Swimming with stingrays we did for 25.00 Carnival was charging 58.00 for the same thing.

Like the previous poster stated--head to the port of calls board to see whats to do in each port--then compare with the cruislines price.

Somthing else to consider...when using a private vendor the people on the excursion are limited...compared to the many the cruiselines book.

2. My group wants to book excursions through Carnival on the ship. I have heard it is more expensive this way. I understand it varies depending on what you are doing but just was curious HOW much of a difference there is???

I think that it depends on what port you are in if you want to go off on your own independent excursion or want the security of a Carnival excursion - If you can just walk off the ship and you're already in town or if you have to tender in. Another consideration I think is if it is a group of adults or if there are kids along.

We are more apt to venture out in a country we have been to before and has a "good/friendly" reputation and don't have the kids along. We'll tend to book Carnival excursions when we have the kids along for the sake of safety and reputation and the fact that Carnival "knows" who you are with...

Peace of mind is worth paying the extra cost (IMO) to Carnival for some excursions - and some places are pretty easy to navigate on your own and see "must see" locations/activities and not have any problems with the natives.

Definitely check out the Ports of Call board like people suggested - there is a lot good information there! Good luck!!

Hi Nik - we are on your same ship, and in the past have always booked our excursions through the CL. Of course in the past there were only 2 of us travelling. This time, there are 13 of us and when you add up that some of these excursions are 30-40 dollars more through the CL, that can add up to a lot of daily drink specials!!!!!

Check out the boards for the ports we are visiting (or come to our roll call web site and you will get an idea from several folks what they are doing.)

I will say that when I booked my excursions outside Carnival this time, I made sure I was booking stuff where I didn't have a time constraint. We just made sure to book late enough that we wouldn't have any trouble making the excursions if Carnival isn't letting folks off the boat right away, and then made sure to book ones where we had plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Grand Cayman seems to be the biggest problem because we leave there so early.

Hope we run into you on the roll call - if not maybe on the ship.

Archived