Grand Voyage previous guest savings?

HALrunner

I recall reading, at some point, that guests who have sailed on a previous Grand Voyage are eligible for additional savings on future Grand Voyages. Is this true, or am I confusing it with another line?

If such savings do exist on HAL, approximately what kind of savings is it? Minimal? Significant? Rough estimates and educated guesses welcome:)

Here is what I recall on Grand cruise deals. I don't think there is any special discount for prior Grand cruise passengers. Future Cruise Credits don't apply to Grand cruises unless you book a Grand cruise while you're a passanger on a Grand cruise. Also, moving the Grand cruise booking made onboard to your TA may result in a discount from the TA.

As you probably know, there are significant savings by the early booking and early payment of a Grand Voyage, and that is available by booking either directly with HAL or through a TA. Other than the $100 deposit available if booked on a current GV, I am not aware of any other discount.

Thank you both for your reply. This gives me a better sense of the things to consider.

I thought of one other question for you Grand Voyage vets....

How do you handle trip insurance for, say, the Grand World Voyage? We typically use Travel Guard, but the fees go up considerably for every day past 30 on any given trip.

Thank you both for your reply. This gives me a better sense of the things to consider.

I thought of one other question for you Grand Voyage vets....

How do you handle trip insurance for, say, the Grand World Voyage? We typically use Travel Guard, but the fees go up considerably for every day past 30 on any given trip.

I'm not a Grand Voyage vet, having recently booked the 2018 Grand Asia, but this is what we intend to do. Bear in mind, however, we have medical insurance which covers us world wide

We intend to buy the HAL CPP in case we have to cancel for any reason after the penalty phase starts. We also intend to take out Med-Jet's evacuation plan. We see no reason for travel insurance since we don't need the medical, and travel insurance with pre-existing waiver or waiver for any reason is more than the CPP. I'm not concerned about luggage, trip delays, etc., etc., given the cost of the trip. Those costs we can self-insure.

I've got Med Jet Assist also as well as medical coverage that includes international travel. The reason I buy travel insurance is to cover the cost of a late cancellation and limit the coverage for evacuation and medical as much as possible.

Compare CPP's cost to a travel insurance's cancel for any reason. I found that HAL's was much cheaper, by thousands. But if you don't have any pre-existing medical conditions and would not foreseeably fall under the exceptions of travel insurance cancellation, it could be cheaper.

I've got Med Jet Assist also as well as medical coverage that includes international travel. The reason I buy travel insurance is to cover the cost of a late cancellation and limit the coverage for evacuation and medical as much as possible.

We also carry MedJet and have medical coverage that includes international. I just want cancellation. I can't seem to find one for the GWV 2019. Who are you using?

The discount you refer to is stated in the E brochure for grand voyages. Upper right hand corner of a page that seems to be number 181 though it is near the front of the brochure as you page through. Don't know what the discounts are but surely HAL person can tell you.

I recall reading, at some point, that guests who have sailed on a previous Grand Voyage are eligible for additional savings on future Grand Voyages. Is this true, or am I confusing it with another line?

If such savings do exist on HAL, approximately what kind of savings is it? Minimal? Significant? Rough estimates and educated guesses welcome:)

we have been on two world cruises and on the second we did receive a dollar amount off our second W C as we had been on a previous grand voyage. I just can;t remember the $ amt, I want to say $500 but can't say for sure.

We also carry MedJet and have medical coverage that includes international. I just want cancellation. I can't seem to find one for the GWV 2019. Who are you using?

I'm on the 2018 WC. My policy has coverage for medical evacuation and medical costs, but the dollar amounts are as low as I could find. It covers cancellation 100% which is what I was after. Mine is through Travel Guard.

I'm on the 2018 WC. My policy has coverage for medical evacuation and medical costs, but the dollar amounts are as low as I could find. It covers cancellation 100% which is what I was after. Mine is through Travel Guard.

We also are most interested in cancellation protection. Overall, we have been very happy with Travel Guard (Gold Policy) over the years, except on our trips that are longer than 30 days. The TG policy you described is very similar to what we would be looking for, do you happen to know which TG policy you have? Also, does it incur the extra charges for each day over 30?

Since no one has answered your question, here is the answer.

Having been on a grand voyage makes you a grand Mariner and thereafter, each time you log in HAL website and ask prices for another grand voyage, the price indicated is 3% lower than the other non grand Mariners. The discount is automatic and is linked to your Mariners' number.

Having been on a grand voyage makes you a grand Mariner and thereafter, each time you log in HAL website and ask prices for another grand voyage, the price indicated is 3% lower than the other non grand Mariners. The discount is automatic and is linked to your Mariners' number.

Good to know. I guess I've benefited from this without knowing it.

Do you have to use a PCC to get this, or can you use a TA and specify your Mariner number?

I checked with Travel Guard, but all of the plans (Platinum, Gold or Silver) only cover 50% of the forfeited amount under their cancel for any reason provision. And the insurance must be purchased within 15 days of the initial deposit.

Since this does not serve our needs, we will go with HAL's CPP, which provides cancel for any reason and 80 - 90% refund.

In short, I think the key is what is the foreseeable reason for cancellation, as to whether a policy meets one's needs.

I checked with Travel Guard, but all of the plans (Platinum, Gold or Silver) only cover 50% of the forfeited amount under their cancel for any reason provision. And the insurance must be purchased within 15 days of the initial deposit.

Since this does not serve our needs, we will go with HAL's CPP, which provides cancel for any reason and 80 - 90% refund.

In short, I think the key is what is the foreseeable reason for cancellation, as to whether a policy meets one's needs.

Thanks for doing the leg work on this, Tampa Girl!

Also, thanks Happy Globe Trotter for the 3% savings information.

CC always comes through with more information than I even knew to ask!