Asparagus Soup

pinebro

We Had The Best Asparagus Soup In Portofino On The Voyager 2 Weeks Ago. Planned On Buying The Cookbook, Forgot, Of Course !!

Emailed Rccl To See How I Could Get One - They Said On The Ship, Only. You Would Think It Would Be Offered With All The Other Stuff Online - But Nooooooo !!

I Offered To Take A Cruise Next Week To Get One, But My Dw Nixed That Idea.

Does Anyone Have That Recipe And Can Email It To Me ??

Pinebro7ataoldotcom (you Know How It Really Goes)

Thanks !!

If you did buy the cookbook you'd be disappointed. The recipe you request is not in the RCCL cookbook. I just checked through mine for you... Sorry.

Oh, but do they have the Coconut Ranger Cookie recipe in there? :D

Theron

Whilst I'm no culinary genius, I think you could make own asparagus soup by cooking all the discarded parts of the asparagus spears in some chicken stock. Drain the stock through a seive before adding fingernail-sized chopped asparagus spears and simmering for 20 minutes or until tender. Take off the heat and check for seasoning before adding 1 part milk and 1 part cream. Return to heat and thicken with a teaspoonful of cornflour dissolved in milk. A pint of stock and a half pint of cream / milk mixture should produce enough delicious soup if made with about 12 spears of asparagus. A pinch of sugar helps bring out the full flavour of the vegetable. Good luck!

Alan

GRUMM !!

How about if I fly over, then we can play some golf while the soup is cooking !!??

We can invite archie and margeret from Kirkcaldy to join us !!(great people-met on previous cruise)

Some Scottish salmon and a wee bit of Scotch would be good, also!!

GRUMM !!

How about if I fly over, then we can play some golf while the soup is cooking !!??

We can invite archie and margeret from Kirkcaldy to join us !!(great people-met on previous cruise)

Some Scottish salmon and a wee bit of Scotch would be good, also!!

Great idea! Especially at this time of the year when the ground is so hard that par fives are driveable. I'll order the salmon and put a 10 year old in the fridge (by that I mean Scotch, just in case any Social Workers are looking in!).

Alan

Archived