Room Card Slot

outbackpaul

The A/C and power outlets always work, the card slot is for the main lights. We discovered this because at night we would remove the card and that activated a very small nightlght near the door. We just used the do not disturb card in that case (outside the room in the ceiling are very discreet color coded lights to tell steward if room is occupied or not (based on a card being in light switch))

While you can use any card I would not recommend it at all. We used this tip and had no room steward for the first day. When the card is in the slot it activates a small light above your door. Our room steward told us that they are not allowed to open the door if the little light is on and they must keep coming back until someone answers. This meant no one came to clean our room or help us for the first day we were on the ship. I did not find any issues with keeping the room cool even without the card in the slot btw.

While you can use any card I would not recommend it at all. We used this tip and had no room steward for the first day. When the card is in the slot it activates a small light above your door. Our room steward told us that they are not allowed to open the door if the little light is on and they must keep coming back until someone answers. This meant no one came to clean our room or help us for the first day we were on the ship. I did not find any issues with keeping the room cool even without the card in the slot btw.

We're on Divina now and found this to be exactly right. Cabin steward will not perform normal duties if you leave a card in the slot indicating someone is in the cabin. We have had no problems with outllets or a/c turning off with no card in the slot. When card is removed the cabin lights will turn off after 30 seconds or so, and turn back on when card reinserted. No need to even use the light switch.

I like it really cool. I hope this is the case. I'll try without leaving it in first.