June/06 Diamond Princess Lido Deck BL227 cabin

EDMOND

Looking at the above cruise and cabin, anyone taken the Daimaond Princess to Alsaka and booked the Lido deck BA cabin L227. First time on a cruise and I am unsure about any cabin location. We are below the Beauty Parlor. Shortage of cabins going north on the land side. Pressure on (TA) to book do to cabin shortage.

Appreciate your experience on this boat and cabin location.:)

We were on board the Diamond to Mexico last spring break... it is a beatiful ship, and I think you will like the lido deck location... easy walk out to where the pool is and Horizon Court buffett and indoor pool. You are in the forward part of the ship and high up, so you may feel a little more movement than a lower deck would, but we were on the Aloha deck midship and didn't feel too much movement. A great tip is to know that the carpet color is different from port to starboard side of ship so when you come out of an elevator just look for your color... it's easy to get turned around on board.... enjoy your cruise....:)

Edmond,

Are you sure about the sail date? I'm booked on the Diamond Northbound for June 10. Is this the sailing you mean? Or do you mean June 06', Im a little slow today. I'm not sure about the cabin as I've never been on this ship or to Alaska. I booked an inside to save money for the excursions.

Edmond,

Well I'm glad to find someone else will be traveling with my family and I.

We are a family of four with two kids 7/10. We have cruised several times but always the Carribbean, as we live in Miami. I have posted on the Roll call, but have not as yet had any replies. I think I am booked in B716, but I'm not 100% on that. I looked in the princess brochure and L227 looks like a nice location, central to everything. Many people on the boards have commented that the ships are booking very quickly this year, so if this looks good to you, you may want to book it soon.

Michelle

We are also planning two days in Vancouver and two days in Victoria before we leave on the trip. We are an hour north of Toronto Canada in Barrie, Ontario. We will fly from Toronto to Vancouver . There will be just two of us. Hope your family enjoy the trip.

Edmond,

We will be staying in Seattle Pre/Post cruise (Flying from anchorage to Seattle after cruise). Unfortunately we will spend very little time in Vancouver. We may take a trip over to Victoria if time allows.

Have you booked your cruise yet? Now comes the really difficult part, planning the excursions, I've been reading these boards for months, and still change my mind on a daily basis!:eek:

Yes we booked this afternoon. We will worry about the additional items later. We wanted to book to be sure of the cabin. We have decided to have the extra time before in Vancouver & Victoria before the cruise. Hoping to have a over night on the way home, Calgary or Edmonton. The weather plays an important part in the side trips. If it is rainy and low cloud cover, you will not have a very good view. That happened in Europe, we decided not to book and it rained. May book the train out of Skagway. Read the sites on side of train to book and etc.

Archived