Voyager looking shabby/Gifts and Gear?

Not that I didn't have a wonderful, amazing experience (as always with Royal) on the Voyager of the Seas Nov 2005, but its showing its age. Has anyone else noticed? Our suite looked worn and we had a below par stateroom attendant. Also, someone purchased me a ship board credit from gifts and gear and it wasn't on my account until day 4 or 5. Not only that but I had to request it numerous times before it was done. Has anyone else had any experience with gifts and gear, good or bad? Again, I loved the cruise and the ship and the cruise line but I'm curious and recently have been shopping other lines just to see whats out there. Any suggestions?

We were on the Splendour transatlantic cruise in November for our honeymoon. On the first day, a card was delivered from gifts & gear from my parents. It said "Congratulations" and said there was ship board credit but didn't have the amount.

We went to the pursars desk 3 times and they couldn't find the credit. Finally, I emailed my mom to ask her what it was suppose to be for and if she had a receipt (cost of 9.50 to me for internet use). Then my mom called me shore to ship (7.95 per minute). They had bought us a wine and cheese package worth I think around $48 and a $100 ship board credit. It wasn't until day 10 that we saw the pursar on shore in the Bahamas and he said he had it all sorted out.

The wine & cheese package was way overpriced for what you recieved and the hassle of trying to get the onboard credit overshadowed the fun of recieving a gift on board. RCI needs to work on this to make it a more pleasant experience.

We did, however, enjoy our cruise.

Archived