Amazing 3-day effort for Dominica by windjammer folks

SailorJM

Here's a feel-good story that I wanted to share. Dominica, an island with no mother country, was one of those most devasted by Hurricane Irma. Island Windjammers (IWJ), a small windjammer-style sailing cruise company, donated funds to the hard-hit islands and now is going to send its tall ship Diamant to Dominica, loaded with supplies to help those folks. A fundraiser was set up 4 days ago, with a goal of $5,000....met; then $6,000...met; then $10,000....met this am! An amazing effort via their own website that I'm very proud to have been a part of. My husband and I have sailed those islands many, many times since 2000, all on tall ships, from windjammers to Star Clippers and Windstars. We're so darn proud of what IWJ is doing with its Diamant for Dominica campaign, and hope that even tho the $10,000 goal has just been met, the funds will keep climbing! And yesterday, the US Navy sent its USS WASP to help the people of Dominica. Go Navy!

https://www.youcaring.com/islandofdominica-956924