Specialty Dining Question on the Escape

kbalthaser66

Hello, is it possible, or likely, that if I do NOT make reservations at the specialty restaurants that we can walk up (early-right when they open) that we can get a table for 2? We really do not want to have to schedule out our dinners for the week immediately after boarding the ship. We are early eaters so I am hoping the odds of us being able to just walk up and get in with a reasonable wait time, if necessary, would be possible.

I have looked at the daily dinner menus in the MDR and I am not impressed with their menu so I am considering purchasing another SDP so that we have 6 nights of dining at the specialty restaurants.

Any tips on places to eat and must try foods? We leave in about 25 days so we are getting very excited.

You can look at the signage on the ship which shows the status of each dining room. If it says "sold out" it may be hard to get a table. They will recommend you try at 9:00.

The most popular are Teppanyaki and Cagneys.

Food Republic and Pinchos is fun and do not take reservations.

And the nice thing we experienced on the Norwegian star is that they gave you a buzzer to let you know when your table was ready. So we'd go a little early, get a buzzer and then go have a drink. was way better than standing at the door for an hour.