6 weeks and still no refund

coldweathergirl

I had a yacht club category booked for January 2018 which I paid the deposit last winter and cancelled August 18th. I've still not received my refund to my credit card even though I've called MSC five different times over that period of time.

Has anyone else had this happen? To add insult to injury, the CAD has gained over the last six weeks so the refund I eventually get will be less than if they had given it to me when I cancelled.

They've definitely lost my business for any future cruises with this really poor customer service.

:confused: I canceled one of my cruises with MSC and the refund showed up on my credit card the very next day. Maybe I was lucky? When you canceled, did they ask for your credit card number? They asked for mine, as though they didn't store my number and needed it to process the refund.

On a side note, I used to work for a place that processed a lot of refunds, and those going to "foreign" credit cards seemed to take longer than domestic cards.

Their bank is overseas (Switzerland I think), so it can take a while. 6 weeks seems a bit much, as they tell you it can take up to 2 weeks. Stay on top of them, as I had major issues getting refunds last year from them on cruise deposits. Had to get a VP involved before it was all resolved. Hopefully, your case is not the same.