New itinerary info

Doggielover68

From John Heald

Itinerary Updates

09/27/17 – 7:00 PM (EDT)

As a result of damage caused by the recent hurricanes, we have modified the following itineraries in order to provide our guests with the best possible shore experience.

Carnival Magic – October 7

Departing Port Canaveral on a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya.

Carnival Pride – October 8

Departing Baltimore on a 7 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Carnival Splendor – October 8

Departing Port Everglades on a 6 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove, D.R.

Carnival Conquest – October 14

Departing Port Everglades on an 8 day cruise to Amber Cove, D.R., La Romana, D.R., Curacao and Aruba.

Carnival Glory – October 14

Departing Miami on a 7 day cruise to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

Carnival Sensation – October 14

Departing Miami on a 5 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Carnival Splendor – October 14

Departing Port Everglades on an 8 day cruise to Princess Cays, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Magic – October 21

Departing Port Canaveral on a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya.

Carnival Vista – October 21

Departing Miami on an 8 day cruise to Amber Cove, D.R., La Romana, D.R., Aruba and Curacao.

Carnival Conquest – October 22

Departing Port Everglades on a 6 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove, D.R.

Carnival Pride – October 22

Carnival Splendor – October 22

Departing Miami on a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman.

Carnival Conquest – October 28

Departing Port Everglades on an 8 day cruise to Princess Cays, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Sensation – October 28

Departing Miami on a 5 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Carnival Glory – October 28

Departing Miami on a 7 day cruise to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

Carnival Pride – October 29

Pre-purchased Carnival excursions for cancelled ports, as well as any changes in taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign[emoji768] account. An email with detailed itinerary information will be sent to all guests scheduled to sail on these cruises.

We are working on revisions to the itineraries of the following sailings and an update will be provided shortly.

Carnival Vista – October 7

Carnival Fascination – October 15

Carnival Fascination – October 22

Carnival Fascination – October 29

We continue to closely monitor the recovery efforts in Grand Turk, San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten for potential impacts to cruises departing in November and beyond. Based on the level of progress in these ports, we will make additional itinerary changes, if necessary, approximately 3 - 4 weeks prior to departure. We sincerely apologize for the disruption caused by the most recent hurricanes and look forward to welcoming our guests on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Dang! I wish we had an update for the October 7th Vista cruise. I would really like to plan excursions and such.

Just spoke to my TA. Apparently every other line jumped on the ports and changed their itineraries, and carnival didn't. Now, all the spots are taken and their are law's as to how many people are allowed in one port at a time. Seems like the Vista got screwed. In my opinion, I think they are waitibg, hoping our original ports reopen, minus St Martin, since there doesn't seem to be anywhere for us to go. Oh, so glad I have the beverage package. Looks like I will be using it!

Not happy that we dont have updates on this yet. I hope its not a Western itinerary, was not impressed with that my last time out.

Was looking forward to visiting three new places, and a return to St Maarten (favorite destination so far), obviously we cant control the weather, but I didnt book our most expensive yet to end up disappointed in the destinations. =/

I know this may sound like complaining but I don't really understand what Carnival is doing with the Oct. 7th Vista sailing. This cruise was quite expensive compared to every other cruise due to being on the newest ship as well as a great Eastern Caribbean itinerary (Gr. Turk, St Kitts, P.R & St. Maarten). We all understand that nobody can control the weather and our hearts go out to all those affected by these storms as well as those of us that have friends or family living in those areas. That said...many of us have the cancel for any reason insurance yet we are now hearing that Carnival may not let us know our itinerary until possibly the day we sail? If we were going solo and canceling the cruise wouldn't affect my fellow cruisers I would probably just cancel this, keep my current flights, and then purchase a last minute cruise with another ship on an itinerary of my choice, most likely at a huge discount. Come on Carnival...step up and get this fixed as sending out revised itineraries through the end of October but skipping one sailing on your flagship that leaves in 9 days to ports that you have said won't reopen for at a minimum of a month is unacceptable.

I'LL TAKE IT! We are on the Conquest October 14th, and I was wondering if we were gonna make it to Grand Turk. Looks like Amber Cover instead, then our other 3 ports originally planned (La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba). I was just worried they would give us another day at sea, and while I like them we already had 3 in our itinerary and was dreading a fourth with only 3 ports.

I'm surprised Carnival does not have an Itinerary Update Alert Bar on their homepage alerting everyone to these changes (like they have been doing). Glad someone posted here what they saw on JH's blog otherwise I would never have known as I don't read that - thanks OP

My guess is that the Vista update delay is because they know it is a more expensive cruise and they are trying to come up with an itinerary that won't upset people, or some sort of incentive. They don't generally do that for eastern to western but have made exceptions in the past for other sailings that are drastically changed, I.e. Caribbean to Canada, Bermuda, Cuba. Hopefully you will find out soon. We are sailing in November so we have to play the wait and see game. Ours was supposed to be a back to back eastern/western, but now might be western western. Because of our already booked cruises, if that happens we will have 4 identical western cruises in a row. Oh well. I would rather do that than have extra sea days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looks like Carnival is in process of updating itineraries in the system.

Checked this morning after I saw this post and my original Conquest on the 14th itinerary was still in place. Now when I click in my booking under itinerary there is nothing showing at all (it shows my itinerary as blank), but under excursions it has been switched over to Amber Cover for our first stop instead of Grand Turk.... but when you click on that port, no excursions to purchase (says they are still working on it)...

So, they are making the changes to the itinerary in the system, BUT I still have not received any email notification of my cruise changing, and there is still NOT an Itinerary update alert on their home page (as they have previously done)... wouldn't it have made sense to do one or both of these first?

If it hadn't been for this post from the OP, I would never have even known there was a change lol! :rolleyes:

Looks like Carnival is in process of updating itineraries in the system.

Checked this morning after I saw this post and my original Conquest on the 14th itinerary was still in place. Now when I click in my booking under itinerary there is nothing showing at all (it shows my itinerary as blank), but under excursions it has been switched over to Amber Cover for our first stop instead of Grand Turk.... but when you click on that port, no excursions to purchase (says they are still working on it)...

So, they are making the changes to the itinerary in the system, BUT I still have not received any email notification of my cruise changing, and there is still NOT an Itinerary update alert on their home page (as they have previously done)... wouldn't it have made sense to do one or both of these first?

If it hadn't been for this post from the OP, I would never have even known there was a change lol! :rolleyes:

OK, so maybe they heard me lol! Just got my email with itinerary change. Says we have to book excursions on the ship though.

We're on the Oct. 22nd cruise on the Conquest. I just read the email that we wont be visiting Grand Turk. I'd never been and was so looking forward to it. It is what it is. I've been through enough hurricanes to not be upset about it. I'll just take what I was going to spend in Grand Turk and apply it to drinks on board. Hopefully the ports affected by Irma and Maria can get back up and running. My husbands family is from Puerto Rico and has an aunt there as of now. I'm going on vacation whereas people are struggling to survive and depending on cruise ships to dock to help support the economy. Can I really be upset over an itinerary change? Nope!