Specialty dining and kids

Bowmanvilletravel

On The Meraviglia we were not offered a kids Menu in the Italian restaurant but they gave my son plain spaghetti and didn't charge. It's a tiny kitchen, I don't think they have food that isn't on the menu.

We didn't bring our kids to Butchers Cut but the kids next to us there were eating off the main menu. I can only speak to The Meraviglia though. It could be different on the other ships.

• 3 months later...

I asked this question to MSC via twitter, this was the response

"Hello Nate,

Sorry for the delay. You can bring your 8-year-old daughter to the specialty restaurants. She will still cost extra and can order from either the adult menu or a kid's menu."

I read this as there is a kids menu at the specialty restaurants, but they charge for it...I think we will take her to the buffet, let her eat there, then drop her off at the kids club.

We are sailing on the Seaside soon. I bought the Trio experience for me, my husband, and our ten year old. I did not get one for our two and half year old. I figure that we can eat what my son doesn't and just get the toddler a side item to eat. I'll let you know how it goes when we get back in a few weeks!