Amber Cove Cabana - Ocean or Pool?

Tananda

A group of 4 of us are travelling in early November and would like to book a cabana. I am not interested in the hilltop ones as one of our part has issues walking long distances plus there doesn't seem like much to do at the hilltop. We will probably spend some time at the pool but don't like a lot of noise. Any feedback on which might be the best bet?

Thank you!

Tananda

We've been there twice and had pool-side cabanas both times. These are by far the most popular and hardest to get. They usually sell out quickly. We will be back in December and have booked the Grand Cabana over the water. If you plan on spending most of your time at the pool then the pool cabanas would make sense but I will tell you the music is VERY loud. The other thing that I will mention is that the water that the over-the-water cabanas sit on is very murky and dark. It's not like the carribean blue that most are used to. I don't know if that makes a difference to you or not. Both cabana types are nearly identical as far as amenities and decor.

Thank you! Yes, the water does make a BIG difference. I appreciate the info! Pool Cabanas are still available so I will go ahead and book it right away and hopefully get one as far away from the music as possible. We select our cabanas in Amber Cove rather than on the ship like Half Moon Cay, right?

Thank you! Yes, the water does make a BIG difference. I appreciate the info! Pool Cabanas are still available so I will go ahead and book it right away and hopefully get one as far away from the music as possible. We select our cabanas in Amber Cove rather than on the ship like Half Moon Cay, right?

That is correct! They don't allow you to choose your cabana ahead of time. Get off the ship as early as possible and head to the tiki hut by the pool to pick your cabana and get your wristbands.

We were there in Feb 2017 and while it was nice, the pool is freeform style and not very deep. Lots of loungers around the pool, but you pay for the umbrella. Easy walk from the cruise ship to the pool area, and there's a nice area set up with stores specifically for the cruise people. There isn't a nice sandy beach anywhere near this port. I'm sure you have to take an excursion to find one. We just hung out at the pool.