Uvero Beach - Open Bar

kkettle70

The hubbie and I are going to Costa Maya on the Carnival Glory. Our cruise leaves on 12/17!!!!! We are so excited!

I noticed on the carnival shore excursion page that they offer a beach break to Uvero Beach that has an open bar. Sounds fun to me :) I was wondering if you had to book this with the cruiseline or can one just show up at the beach, pay the cover fee and have open bar access...... We didn't want o commit to a shore excursion. We may want to do something else, like horseback riding.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Just got back from the Liberty 11/26 sailing and we did the Jungle Beach Break to Uvero. AT first we felt like chumps for agreeing to pay 39$ to go to a beach, but when we found out it included a 35 minute bus ride and an open bar, we felt it was well worth it. We felt like we were stuck in a beautiful postcard while on this beach. It is my understanding that you can take a $5 cab to the town of Majahual which is just minutes from the port and pay a cover charge for a beach chair there if you want to be closer to the port.

Lisa

It is my understanding that you can take a $5 cab to the town of Majahual which is just minutes from the port and pay a cover charge for a beach chair there if you want to be closer to the port.

I don't believe that you have to pay a cover charge for a chair in Mahahual. You will be expected to by some food/drinks from the restaurant or bar that set out the chairs on the beach. However, it wouldn't hurt to ask first.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I missed the open bar on the Carnival excursion....what time did the tour start? From the p hotos, there appears to be tiki huts available. Were there many - shade is important for us. Also, the tour last 5 hours - how were the prices for snacks, lunch, etc.,? What was included in the open bar and for how long?

Would you recommend this over the area at the pier?

Thanks!

Would you recommend this over the area at the pier?

If you are not drinkers I would recommend heading to Majuahaul over staying at the port- save that for whenyou are done Majuahaul.

Most cruisers do not know about the little villiage and will stay at the pier. (I found it VERY crowded.. the pool is nice though)

Archived