C&A "Bring A Friend Program"

About a month ago in my C&A account i noticed a bring a friend tab and saw that on my upcoming cruise, 2 other cabins meet the requirement of being first time royal cruises. (each cabin/friend referred equates to 25$ onboard credit) I filled out the form and submitted it, now one month later, its "pending". does anyone have any experince with this? should I call C&A or will it just get processed closer to sail date (dec 2017)

We recently did this in May with friends that never cruised before we got a credit 25.00 for each of the cabins.Filled out form in January when they booked theirs cabins.Did not show approved until 10-14 day before we cruised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About a month ago in my C&A account i noticed a bring a friend tab and saw that on my upcoming cruise, 2 other cabins meet the requirement of being first time royal cruises. (each cabin/friend referred equates to 25$ onboard credit) I filled out the form and submitted it, now one month later, its "pending". does anyone have any experince with this? should I call C&A or will it just get processed closer to sail date (dec 2017)

It will either get denied or be granted, a week or two before the cruise.

If you qualify for any OBC from Royal you will be denied the Bring a Friend as we were...........it's either or, so the OBC was greater.:*

Not sure if this is true! We had 100 once special they where having at the time we booked next cruise credit 100. And then got 50 for bring a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you qualify for any OBC from Royal you will be denied the Bring a Friend as we were...........it's either or, so the OBC was greater.:*

That was not true for us, we got OBC from booking on board and the OBC from bring a friend. However, one time we were denied because we had a group booking.

We have two cruises booked on Oasis and Symphony, both with friends/family who have never cruised before. I tried to do it online and it kept coming up error. I was told to email, which I have, but haven't had a response.

On Oasis we are on the same booking but in three cabins with their own ref numbers booked through a TA.

Symphony we all booked our own direct.

Should we get it ?

They probably want to make sure your friends are actually sailing. I had submitted some for my upcoming cruise, only one is left, the others cancelled. And we're still 5 months out. I was going to use the extra OBC for my gratuities, now I will probably pre-pay it.

That was not true for us, we got OBC from booking on board and the OBC from bring a friend. However, one time we were denied because we had a group booking.

Just off the phone with C&A, states that if you book your cruise thru a TA you are in a group, thus do not qualify for Bring a Friend program.

This must have been our problem. We did book all at the same time with a TA (non group). Our TA told us that she was told we did not qualify as we had $50 OBC through Royal and had to pick one or the other. Our TA had no reason to lie to us.........a personal friend.

Am I right in believing that the other person in one's cabin does not count? I will have a newbie with me on my next cruise, but in the same cabin.

It should count. The other person in my cabin is a RCL newbie and I've put in the request.