British Colonial Hilton Price Inrease

pupskate

Has anyone been to BCH recently? Last I heard it was around $60 including a $40 food/drink voucher. I just looked at their website and it's quoting $100 with a $40 voucher. Is there another way to book it at the $60 price, or did the price actually go up $40?

Thanks

I saw that a few weeks ago too! At that time, Resortforaday.com was still offering it at the lower price, I'd check there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Resortforaday is changing $80. Guess I missed the $60 passes 😥 Shame the price went up but it does look like a nice place.

Thanks for info

This is an example of supply and demand. I believe they sold out often at the lower price, so they feel like they can charge more. They also may be expecting more ships to be stopping in Nassau with the hurricane damage at many of the popular Eastern Caribbean ports, increasing demand as well. If enough people choose not to pay the higher rate, you will see the price drop.

We reserved our November Cruise on June 24th with Island Marketing and it was still $60 then. I did just check and it's now $80.

I also just saw kids under 5 used to be free - now it's 4 and under. I have my paperwork that notes 5 and under so hopefully no surprises at port when we get there!

This is an example of supply and demand. I believe they sold out often at the lower price, so they feel like they can charge more. They also may be expecting more ships to be stopping in Nassau with the hurricane damage at many of the popular Eastern Caribbean ports, increasing demand as well. If enough people choose not to pay the higher rate, you will see the price drop.

Well I will contribute to that theory because I can't see paying $100 to go to the beach, Voucher or no voucher. :o

We went last December and we paid $60 at tge rrsort but it was only 2 of us. This year we are traveling with a group of 11 and I just booked online and its $79 with the $40 food credit and kids 5 and under are free. I was a bit upset about yhe increase too but oh well. I think its wort it.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

We went last December and we paid $60 at tge rrsort but it was only 2 of us. This year we are traveling with a group of 11 and I just booked online and its $79 with the $40 food credit and kids 5 and under are free. I was a bit upset about yhe increase too but oh well. I think its wort it.

Why? It’s a harbor beach with a smaller pool. Have you visited the other resorts?

We've been to Nassau and Paradise Island many times for vacations, so we know it fairly well. First time on a cruise though, I think. We just want to walk off the ship, go to a beach and stroll around town. Perfect for us. We don't need mega resorts.

Why? It’s a harbor beach with a smaller pool. Have you visited the other resorts?
I like it because its a quiet beach away from the crowds that offers a decent food credit. I have not been to the other resorts so I have nothing to compare it too but I still think its worth the money.

I like it because its a quiet beach away from the crowds that offers a decent food credit. I have not been to the other resorts so I have nothing to compare it too but I still think its worth the money.

It was the first one we went to, I’m so glad we tried others, since it is at the bottom of our list so far.

at that price, RIU or an all inclusive like Breezes/Sandals is a better choice, because I remember the food and beverages at the Hilton being REALLY expensive so your 40.00 won't go far. 15-20.00 a drink, and food all 25+, then tips on the food and drink...I see on resort for a day, 75.00 -80 for RIU all inclusive, which is nice if you are into that kind of thing

Really, I'm surprised at the prices to go or do anything beach related in Nassau...the cheapest beach it looks like, besides Junkanoo, is Melia it looks like...and I saw on my cruiseplanner RCI is offering a stingray encounter and beach break (5 hr excursion) for 39.00pp, which is cheaper than if you booked it through the actual company for Blue Lagoon. beaches and excursions are surprisingly cheaper it's and more affordable in Cozumel. I always thought will all the ships in port in Nassau, there would be SO many tour operators, but not so much in my experience looking