Carnival Spa question about the seaweed wrap

bethshebas

Could anybody give me feedback if you have had the ELEMIS Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage with half body massage?

I had a bad experience with a wrap years ago (not on a cruise) and haven't had another since.

How long do they leave alone all wrapped up?

Did you feel claustrophobic?

Were there windows in your treatment room?

Would you do it again?

What is your favorite spa treatment?

Thank you for reading my post.

:)

• 3 months later...

I was going to write a review of this treatment but that was not met with encouragement. The therapist asked me to be vague. so here goes:

This treatment combines the best of both worlds, detox and relaxation. The day after my treatment I was amazed by how flat my stomach was.

I was wrapped up twice, then the massage. I discovered that wraps are not for me. Nothing is wrong with this service. I just don't like being bound up. It made me feel helpless and nervous. The therapist was very accommodating and unwrapped me.

Next trip I am sticking to the massages. Bamboo massage is my favorite

I was going to write a review of this treatment but that was not met with encouragement. The therapist asked me to be vague. so here goes:

This treatment combines the best of both worlds, detox and relaxation. The day after my treatment I was amazed by how flat my stomach was.

I was wrapped up twice, then the massage. I discovered that wraps are not for me. Nothing is wrong with this service. I just don't like being bound up. It made me feel helpless and nervous. The therapist was very accommodating and unwrapped me.

Did you have to be completely naked?

I have a few questions:

Were you left alone during the treatment?

Is the wrap over your entire body? If not, what is wrapped?

Is the massage full body or half? If half body, what do they consider as half?

Is the massage done while your wrapped up?

You have my curiosity raised by your first statement, The therapist asked me to be vague:

Why would the therapist ask you to be vague unless they did not complete the service correctly?

I am a spa lover but I feel the descriptions given online are lacking and don't paint a whole picture.

"Were you left alone during the treatment?"

Never. Kat stayed with me the whole time except when I was getting undressed and dressed at the beginning and end

"Is the wrap over your entire body? If not, what is wrapped?"

entire body from the neck down

"Is the massage full body or half? If half body, what do they consider as half?"

I choose the half body massage. My back and shoulders were massaged. it was divine.

"Is the massage done while your wrapped up?"

no, they wrap you, then you shower and then massage.

"Why would the therapist ask you to be vague unless they did not complete the service correctly?"

I have no idea. I just complied with her wishes. Maybe different technicians do it differently

"I am a spa lover but I feel the descriptions given online are lacking and don't paint a whole picture."

I agree which is why I wanted to do a review of this service.

"Were you left alone during the treatment?"

Never. Kat stayed with me the whole time except when I was getting undressed and dressed at the beginning and end

"Is the wrap over your entire body? If not, what is wrapped?"

entire body from the neck down

"Is the massage full body or half? If half body, what do they consider as half?"

I choose the half body massage. My back and shoulders were massaged. it was divine.

"Is the massage done while your wrapped up?"

no, they wrap you, then you shower and then massage.

"Why would the therapist ask you to be vague unless they did not complete the service correctly?"

I have no idea. I just complied with her wishes. Maybe different technicians do it differently

"I am a spa lover but I feel the descriptions given online are lacking and don't paint a whole picture."

I agree which is why I wanted to do a review of this service.

Thanks! I might try it, I will see if they have any fabulous specials when I am onboard Dream next month.

Dporter, have you ever had a wrap before? you are bound up in a cocoon. Some people may like that. I didn't.

Spa prices are on sale while you are in port. You can book online via carnival.com

Yes I have had several wraps before and I like them, I only get antsy if they leave the room. I couldn't imagine trying to get a wrap in rough seas that would prove to be interesting

I have only done regular massages on cruise ships so I might look into trying something different this time. Yes port days and then closer to end of cruise seem to bring some spa savings. I know some people like to prebook online for the spa but I don't like to book before boarding. I want to get on board, take a spa tour and meet some of the employees before making a decision on if I will have a service.

Sometimes there is way too many other fun things going on that I don't make it to have a spa service.

Thanks for answering all my questions. I am really looking forward to this much needed vacation.