Just booked Oasis

About to board Oasis for the FOURTH time this year!!! It is an amazing ship and you will have such fun!!

If it has been 20years since you sailed with Royal you are going to be shocked at the size of the ship and the number of things to do!!

I hope you have an awesome cruise!!

Big difference from 20 years ago is that you need to be more pro-active to plan and book your evenings. That means getting onto cruise planner before you board and booking your shows. The alternative is to stand in a line and be admitted 10 mins before start.

If you have Mytime dinning then book your slots smartly to avoid the lines. I have found the lines to be quite long during peak periods so best not to turn up without a booking.

It is worth checking out the alternative speciality dinning venues.

Plenty to explore and things to do. Enjoy.

Differences compared to Princess ....

Choice of movies not so great on RCI but they do show movies in the Aquatheatre.

RCI pizzas not as great as the ones you get on Princess but have improved in the last 20 years.

The hotdogs in the boardwalk are worth trying. Interesting range and they are complementary.

I’m on Oasis for the first time and am in love. I’ve sailed many ships and for the most part like all of them but Oasis seems to score very high marks in my list of standards. The designers paid a lot of attention to the details, my C2 Central Park balcony cabin (11247) is one of the best cabins I’ve ever been in.

If you have any specific questions I’ll try to help answer them. Prior to the cruise I downloaded “Mega Sisters of the Seas” to my Kindle and have learned a lot about the inner workings and the story of how the Genesis project became known as the Oasis class and would recommend it to any cruise junkie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on Oasis in Jan for my birthday with my children from the UK (flights cost more than the cruise !).

I am also going on Symphony around the med in May so it will be interesting to see the difference.

I have been on Ovation & Indy before , love love love RCI