Think I'll be ok?

IBRelaxin2

I posted last week about my BC problem, that I only had a hospital one. So DFiance's uncle who he hasn't talked to in 15+ years agrees to drive in the snow to Plymouth, Ma to get a copy for me, overnights it... well, its here and it has the wrong Birthday. Everything else is correct BUT that. I was born 11/20 and it has 12/1. Do you think I'll be ok, can they just change my B-day in the computer and I'll be two weeks younger for the week of our cruise?

I'm so stressed, we leave tomorrow. The other id I have is my Liscense, port I.D Badge (issued by the government, I work at a cruise terminal), my work id's, my hospital cert and my certified copy (with wrong date), and the town clerk faxed me a letter on letterhead today explaining the mistake w/ a faxed copy of my BC w/ correct date.

I vaguely remember the other thread awhile back. I don't understand in all this time that you couldn't have gotten the correct birth certificate from your state. All state depts. of health have expedited service for a small fee. I don't know why you put yourself under such a strain. The info was out there for you to deal with, and you even work at a cruise terminal where info abounds?

You obviously have a lot of documents. It's just a shame you don't have what they actually ASK for. Hope you get on the ship, and have a wonderful cruise.;)

Get a passport and you won't have to worry about documentation. They are easy to acquire and relatively expensive. AND they last for 10 years. Amortized over the 10 years that would be less than a drink on your cruise. Sorry but it seems so simple.

{donning flame retardant suit}

Get a passport and you won't have to worry about documentation. They are easy to acquire and relatively expensive. AND they last for 10 years. Amortized over the 10 years that would be less than a drink on your cruise. Sorry but it seems so simple.

{donning flame retardant suit}

Simple? Considering she leaves on her cruise SATURDAY, it's not really an option at this point. She has another thread on the board explaining the whole ordeal.

Now, while I love my passport...And when I got mine they were cheaper... over 10 years, they would be $9.70 per year. SO that is TWO drinks on the cruise ;) :p

Simple? Considering she leaves on her cruise SATURDAY, it's not really an option at this point. She has another thread on the board explaining the whole ordeal.

Now, while I love my passport...And when I got mine they were cheaper... over 10 years, they would be $9.70 per year. SO that is TWO drinks on the cruise ;) :p

Depends on what your are drinking; NO? Oats are oats but I prefer that mine not have been through the horse already.

Now as for leaving Saturday...........how long does one usually know that one is going on a cruise? Again I say get a passport and you won't have to worry like you do if you wait until the last minute. I realize it is too late for her on this cruise but really if one is going to be taking trips out of the country (it is after 9/11) just get the passport. Things will happen no matter how well one is prepared so why tilt the scale in the direction of catastrophe?

It is not a debate it is just common sense. Sorry about her problem but I am simply saying learn from others mistakes or be doomed to repeat.

Now, while I love my passport...And when I got mine they were cheaper... over 10 years, they would be $9.70 per year. SO that is TWO drinks on the cruise

Depends on what your are drinking; NO? Oats are oats but I prefer that mine not have been through the horse already.

Now as for leaving Saturday...........how long does one usually know that one is going on a cruise? Again I say get a passport and you won't have to worry like you do if you wait until the last minute. I realize it is too late for her on this cruise but really if one is going to be taking trips out of the country (it is after 9/11) just get the passport. Things will happen no matter how well one is prepared so why tilt the scale in the direction of catastrophe?

It is not a debate it is just common sense. Sorry about her problem but I am simply saying learn from others mistakes or be doomed to repeat.

Bulls Cat, Have you READ her other thread?? :rolleyes: I'm guessing not.

I totally agree that getting a passport is the way to go... but that wasn't this posters question was it?? :confused: So telling someone to get a passport, or trying to make them feel bad because they didn't, what purpose are you serving?? Did anything you said actually answer the OP or help them in ANY way? :confused:

Most people here know that having a passport is wise, and the others will have to follow suit in the next year... You are not telling the OP anything she doesn't already know. This is a follow up to a BC problem she had last week... She couldn't have gotten a passport if she wanted to because SHE DIDN'T HAVE HER BIRTH CERTIFICATE. :rolleyes:

And I don't drink oats on a cruise, so I can't tell you how much they are :p

One sad reply. Do you understand English??

bull shat,

HA! How is my reply sad? Explain really, really slowly and I might be able to get it :rolleyes:

(see, I can mutilate your screen-name too :p LOL! And YOU are asking ME if I understand English... too funny!!!)

I can't compete with that. I will end this and let you get back to your job at the sheltered workshop. I'll bet one of these days you may make it big there.

Yup, you busted me... I too, really hope I make it big in my business one day... perhaps I should speak with the boss :p

Seriously, how am I sheltered? I agreed that everyone should get a passport... I disagreed with how you responded to the OP. Please, tell me how I got to be the victim of your attacks... I'm waiting :D

Archived