Website Weirdness ... Is It Me?

Robkat

We've been booked with MSC since the beginning of the year. Then, about 4 months after making the first res, we booked a 2nd cruise.

When we go onto the website, and enter using the log-in, it recognizes the name, but under Bookings, nothing comes up.

When we enter the website via Manage Your Booking, and use our booking number, that specific res comes up, but not the other. But, we can log out and re-enter, again under the Manage Your Booking option, using the 2nd booking number, and then we see that booking.

What is the problem? Am I doing something incorrectly? Why does it seem like MSC can't link all the appropriate information and have them show up when we log in?

This seems like a pretty basic website function, and I think it's worrisome that they don't seem to be able to achieve some standard things like this.

Has anyone else experienced this particular issue?

Their website isn't friendly. There seem to be lots of glitches with it and it's even worse if you try to use it from your phone. I find that there are lots of things that don't work the way it should in the booking section of the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see my multiple bookings, either. I call every other month to confirm nothing has changed. They have another 9 months until I really need to access the bookings and start to freak out. Hopefully they can fit fixing the website in between launching new ships and building the island (since it's significantly postponed). I seriously had a rep tell me the website wasn't a priority while MSC is shipbuilding. I asked her if the people in I.T. were also ship designers.

We've been booked with MSC since the beginning of the year. Then, about 4 months after making the first res, we booked a 2nd cruise.

When we go onto the website, and enter using the log-in, it recognizes the name, but under Bookings, nothing comes up.

When we enter the website via Manage Your Booking, and use our booking number, that specific res comes up, but not the other. But, we can log out and re-enter, again under the Manage Your Booking option, using the 2nd booking number, and then we see that booking.

What is the problem? Am I doing something incorrectly? Why does it seem like MSC can't link all the appropriate information and have them show up when we log in?

This seems like a pretty basic website function, and I think it's worrisome that they don't seem to be able to achieve some standard things like this.

Has anyone else experienced this particular issue?

I've had the same issue this week

if I log in using my membership number I can't access any bookings.

I emailed MSC about it and they suggested logging in with the booking number and forename/surname

that works for that booking, but I can't access any other bookings from there

exactly the same problem as you

It seems to be another MSC IT problem

Pete

I had the same issue. I was able to call and finally get a Voyager's Club person who had figured out that what the issue was.

Apparently I had created my Voyager's club account after doing a "manage my booking". Their system is too stupid to link the email addresses, so in essence, it created two accounts with the same email for me. Subsequently, it wouldn't let me reset my password (because I never got one).

Long story short:

The lady had to delete one of the accounts (of course, it was the wrong one) and then she had to re-add the booking to the one account that was left.

BUT:

It seemed that if you logged into the system, say after 9;00 p.m. Eastern, that it would constantly say "no bookings" under the account. But the next morning it would be there. I can only conclude that there's some nightly maintenance their crappy system is doing that makes it so that you can't see your booking all the time.

But I'd suggest calling and explaining and getting them to send you over to the Voyager's club rep. I'm hesitant to post the lady's email/phone# that I worked with, but she was extremely helpful. (contrary to the rest of the MSC cruise we were on where the customer "relations" was the worst staff ever).

I can't see my multiple bookings, either. I call every other month to confirm nothing has changed. They have another 9 months until I really need to access the bookings and start to freak out. Hopefully they can fit fixing the website in between launching new ships and building the island (since it's significantly postponed). I seriously had a rep tell me the website wasn't a priority while MSC is shipbuilding. I asked her if the people in I.T. were also ship designers.

Thank you all for your replies! I hate to say it, but hearing all your tales and experiences, has made me feel better about this exasperating situation. I guess the old saying: Misery loves company ... rings true!

It just blows my mind, though .... as we all sound like rational, sane and normal beings with normal expectations from companies that take our dollars ... that the pressure on MSC, from customers with all these ridiculous experiences ... hasn't seemed to make a lick of difference! That site is just as weird and irritating as it was 10 months ago!

SS2U: again, I hate to say it (cuz I don't like being amused by someone else's woe), but your whole post did make me laugh!

We've got final payment coming up in the next couple of weeks, and I'm just keeping fingers crossed that that very complex and complicated procedure won't get mucked up! I'm definitely going to make payment via a PVP, but that doesn't guarantee success, does it???

Thanks again for all responses. It's at least comforting to feel we're all in the same boat! Pun intended!

The UK website has been messed up for over 5 years let alone 10 months! we can no longer see details of the previous cruses taken apart from the ship names and the last one from last month is missing ... :o

On the UK site it clearly says our Final payment date for our Seaside 23rd December 2017 sailing is 23/10/2017, arrived home earlier to find an e mail requesting payment within the next 7 days then further down the paper work it states payment must be made 9 weeks prior to sailing ... :confused:

Once again it shows that the Left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing.

No idea about the USA but on this document it also says now "Final cabin numbers may change till departure date. Msc will guarantee same or higher type of cabin category."

While we know that they have been doing this, it is the first time it has appeared on documents in six cruises with them.

Change our Suite MSC and the sh*t will fly ... :mad:

The UK website has been messed up for over 5 years let alone 10 months! we can no longer see details of the previous cruses taken apart from the ship names and the last one from last month is missing ... :o

On the UK site it clearly says our Final payment date for our Seaside 23rd December 2017 sailing is 23/10/2017, arrived home earlier to find an e mail requesting payment within the next 7 days then further down the paper work it states payment must be made 9 weeks prior to sailing ... :confused:

Once again it shows that the Left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing.

No idea about the USA but on this document it also says now "Final cabin numbers may change till departure date. Msc will guarantee same or higher type of cabin category."

While we know that they have been doing this, it is the first time it has appeared on documents in six cruises with them.

Change our Suite MSC and the sh*t will fly ... :mad:

They just did it to me. Took away the Grand Suite I specifically selected and made it a Guarantee! Still waiting to hear if they are going to put it back! Not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, Cruis'nMaMa, it was reading your post that made me go into our booking(s), and once again get totally frustrated with their website.

Couldn't believe what they'd done to you, so I was double-checking that our cabins were still what we'd booked, and then I got all riled up over the other issue of how inept and feckless they are with their website.

Hope you get a good outcome, but isn't it awful and disgraceful that you're even going through this? :mad:

Actually, Cruis'nMaMa, it was reading your post that made me go into our booking(s), and once again get totally frustrated with their website.

Couldn't believe what they'd done to you, so I was double-checking that our cabins were still what we'd booked, and then I got all riled up over the other issue of how inept and feckless they are with their website.

Hope you get a good outcome, but isn't it awful and disgraceful that you're even going through this? :mad:

Yes I am totally frustrated! We were all set and so looking forward to our vacation and now it is all so unsure! I had been reading about it happening to others on the boards so I was checking regularly. Still nothing and my booking still shows Guarantee ☹️

Didn’t know if you saw my latest update but today my TA emailed me and said I got my cabin back! I checked online and indeed it is back. I’m guessing the fact that I was going to cancel got someone motivated. Now I need to hope it doesn’t happen again between now and January!