Norwegian Cruise Line Raises Beverage Package Price

LauraS

Would have been really nice if they had included specialty coffee (like Carnival) in the package. They make both people in a cabin purchase the package even when one person isn't really interested in alcohol. I understand the reason why, but if it wasn't a "perk" I wouldn't purchase.

Would have been really nice if they had included specialty coffee (like Carnival) in the package. They make both people in a cabin purchase the package even when one person isn't really interested in alcohol. I understand the reason why, but if it wasn't a "perk" I wouldn't purchase.

It would have been nice, we are not huge specialty coffee drinkers but would have taken advantage of it had they done it. I guess we can't expect each cruise to follow another exactly.

Does anyone actually buy the package?
A few must but I bet it's over 80% for free at sea promo. That's why no new extras. Why add extras if most get it free anyway. But will add to the gratuities cost. If your paying, it's 108.00 a day with the gratuities. Crazy price for most.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

A few must but I bet it's over 80% for free at sea promo. That's why no new extras. Why add extras if most get it free anyway. But will add to the gratuities cost. If your paying, it's 108.00 a day with the gratuities. Crazy price for most.

What is the Sea promo all about? We are going in Jan. 2018

What is the Sea promo all about? We are going in Jan. 2018
It's the extras you get when you book a regular cabin. Not the cheap GTY ones. You can't go price alone. Just paid 100.00 more and got 2 free at sea perks. It pays to really check out EVERTHING. If you use a TA, they can help you find the best deal. It's not just the lower price.

It's the extras you get when you book a regular cabin. Not the cheap GTY ones. You can't go price alone. Just paid 100.00 more and got 2 free at sea perks. It pays to really check out EVERTHING. If you use a TA, they can help you find the best deal. It's not just the lower price.

Just returned from Star. Had one of those 'cheap GTY ones' and also had free gratuities, the free UBP, free coffee (hardly worth it as very difficult to get hold of apart from in the dining room) plus a large bottle of water each in the cabin.

Was it worth it (let's face it, nothing in life is actually FREE) ? Well it was nice not to have to pay gratuities at the end but as we don't really drink we would have much preferred a cheaper cruise price.

Had newsletter through yesterday from NCL saying this promotion has been rolled out on all ships as of last May.

So is this only for the Brits?

Just returned from Star. Had one of those 'cheap GTY ones' and also had free gratuities, the free UBP, free coffee (hardly worth it as very difficult to get hold of apart from in the dining room) plus a large bottle of water each in the cabin.

Was it worth it (let's face it, nothing in life is actually FREE) ? Well it was nice not to have to pay gratuities at the end but as we don't really drink we would have much preferred a cheaper cruise price.

Had newsletter through yesterday from NCL saying this promotion has been rolled out on all ships as of last May.

So is this only for the Brits?

Brits get the UBP on most ships on NCL if booked from the U.K.. Been told they won't sail without it. But if booked in U.S., usual cheaper than U.K.