Help!! Must see/Don't go tours on Panama Queen Mary Cruise

PapaHay

We are excited about leaving for the January 3rd cruise to the Panama Canel. My wife and I were looking into the tour packages sent to us to consider, but would like input as to what tours were worth it....and what tours were not. If you have taken this cruise, we would appreciate it if you would share your experiences. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to Panama last year on QM2, and we took an excursion that was a combination of a visit to the Gatun Locks of the Panama Canal, and then a nice walk through the rain forest, which ended with a boat ride. The walk was what I would classify as easy level. I thought it was a great combo of both of Panama's highlights--the canal and the rain forest. We saw plenty of native wildlife up close, like sloths, different birds, etc. I highly recommend this excursion. Sorry I don't remember the name of it, or what we paid!

We went to Panama last year on QM2, and we took an excursion that was a combination of a visit to the Gatun Locks of the Panama Canal, and then a nice walk through the rain forest, which ended with a boat ride. The walk was what I would classify as easy level. I thought it was a great combo of both of Panama's highlights--the canal and the rain forest. We saw plenty of native wildlife up close, like sloths, different birds, etc. I highly recommend this excursion. Sorry I don't remember the name of it, or what we paid!

Thanks Salesalot. That looks really interesting! It's just the kind of tour we are looking for.

We went to Panama in 2004 on the QM2. We did an excursion called "Gatun Locks and the Former Panama Canal Zone". We went to the locks and went to an observation platform and saw a couple of ships go through the locks. We had an excellent guide on our bus. She gave an excellent commentary as we drove through Panama. We then toured the area where thousands of Americans lived following the completion of the Panama Canal. This area was of particular interest to us.

Enjoy your cruise.

On our 2003 NYC to LA QE2 cruise, we went on a tour in Panama that took us to the Miraflores Locks followed by a drive through Panama City. I really enjoyed the visit to the Locks. I got to see the camera on top of the building that gives you the shots on the internet, and when one of the employees heard about my interest in the camera, he even took me inside and I got my picture taken next to where they control the camera. I also remember them pointing out my Yankee hat and saying "Mariano!", in honor Panama resident and Yankee great Mariano Rivera.

Archived