What Belize Excursion Should I do?! Help!

jreeves6

Going on my first cruise this month and I can't decide what to do in Belize!!! I'm going snorkeling in both Grand Cayman (going to stingray city too) and Roatan, and will be doing an XRAIL excursion to a cenote (Jade Caverns) in Cozumel. I have also been to cenotes on a vacation in Mexico last year, did a ton of ziplines at XPLOR park and went to plenty of ruins. I know it's not exactly comparable, but I tube a lot down rivers where I live in NY. I'm not sure which excursion would be the most exciting, unique or fit in best with my planned activities. Looking for advice from those who are well traveled or are very familiar with Belize! I know I'm not interested in doing any ruins...I found the 3 main excursions below:

• Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Excursion by Air
  • Coral Gardens and Shark Ray Alley Snorkel with Caye Caulker Beach Break Excursion
  • Jungle ATV, Zip Line and Cave Tubing Combo Adventure Excursion

Seems you're going to be on Carnival Glory which means you'll be docking in Mahogany Bay.

Since you are taking so many active excursions elsewhere, you might want to consider just going to the no cost beach in the port area and relaxing. ;)

If you are okay with a private excursion we booked ours with King David. We have gone with him twice when we have been in Belize. You can find him on Trip Advisor. He goes out of his way to make sure you have a unique experience. We did the howler monkeys excursion, zoo, ruins and river tubing. All of them were great. He also brought us to a local restaurant for lunch and took us to their fruit/vegetable market. The howler monkey experience was so different than anything else we have ever done--highly recommend for a unique excursion. He will customize your tour for the day. Highly recommend him!

If you are okay with a private excursion we booked ours with King David. We have gone with him twice when we have been in Belize. You can find him on Trip Advisor. He goes out of his way to make sure you have a unique experience. We did the howler monkeys excursion, zoo, ruins and river tubing. All of them were great. He also brought us to a local restaurant for lunch and took us to their fruit/vegetable market. The howler monkey experience was so different than anything else we have ever done--highly recommend for a unique excursion. He will customize your tour for the day. Highly recommend him!

We are traveling with my In Laws and ML does not get around to swiftly. Would the zoo and ruins tour be ok?

Thank you for this tip. I checked him out on Trip Advisor and he has incredible reviews. I promptly booked a tour with him, and his communication was speedy and thorough. We have a personal 2-person tour for less than the cost of a cruise excursion, and if we find a couple others to join us it will be even cheaper. I'm so excited to have found him, and I'm really looking forward to the howler monkeys + cave tubing excursion.